share rss forum feed

TSI Outages
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

[Email] Email Server Issues 09/10/2013 9:10AM

Good morning everyone,

We are currently experiencing issues with our mail servers. We are actively working with our vendor to get the problem corrected ASAP. No ETA at this time.

Thank you for your patience.

TSI Alan

jmck
formerly 'shaded'

join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON
what vendor are you using?

Calmuser

join:2011-10-27
Canada
reply to TSI Outages
server has been really wacky since last night.

Going up and down like a yoyo.

Haven't seen it this bad for awhile now.

Jim112357

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Outages
I cannot be sure, but it seems to me that the mail server has been a "bit" unstable lately. Can we rely on the teksavvy email servers?

Calmuser

Canada
The Mail server has been unstable for MONTHS on end.

It is not reliable at all.

soundtech

join:2007-06-14
Scarborough, ON
reply to TSI Outages
Can anyone recommend a reliable, secure webmail provider? I can't live with these outages any longer.

torobull123

join:2009-06-20
reply to TSI Outages
This is REALLY starting to pi$$ me off.

Im trying to apply for jobs and not getting my DAMN EMAILS for the second day in a row.

FIX IT OR GTFO

torobull123

Still waiting......................................

I need my email

motomandd

join:2013-03-04
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to soundtech
said by soundtech:

Can anyone recommend a reliable, secure webmail provider? I can't live with these outages any longer.

Try inbox.com. 5gb free, and you won't get hassled by those "Look out you will get spied om by the NSA" Tinfoil hat guys :P

torobull123

reply to torobull123
Now its connecting to the server. But the server is neither sending nor receiving, despite NO error messages.
Expand your moderator at work

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to jmck

Re: [Email] Email Server Issues 09/10/2013 9:10AM

said by jmck:

what vendor are you using?

I hope not Rogers.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Big Red got out of the email business years ago when they first subbed it out to compaq and then got into bed with Yahoo! in the portal for email business. Now it's just Yahoo! providing the email business without the portal - hooray.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

1 recommendation

We migrated the email server a couple months ago to an HP Blade center connecting to an Oracle SAN.

The blade center network card kept shutting down. We worked with HP, we replaced equipment. We even replaced the entire Blade center.. upgraded all the firmware to all the different parts.. problem keep happening.

We finally gave up on the HP Blade center and we purchased a Cisco server.. rebuilt the mail server... last night we tried to migrate to it... network card is fine.. but SAN locked up.

We thought maybe the SAN didn't have enough capacity/performance.. we tried to added more shelves.. it worked for a bit but next day it puked. Worked with Oracle.. upgraded firmware.. replaced parts... it works fine for everything we're using it for..

Clearly something is royally messed up..

So now we're going to add local disks and move it there with a redundant raid while we replace the entire SAN.

That gives an idea of what's been going on with the email system.

It's very frustrating to say the least.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Calmuser

Canada

1 edit
Thanks for that explanation Marc.

I hope you guys can get it resolved sooner rather then later.

Its looks like its been a PITA for you guys as well as us!

MD

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc
Marc, I doubt the problem was the HP Blades. Sounds like the rest of your infrastructure is little troubled. you can marry nicely HP blades with 3PAR SAN and your problems will be solved.

TemporalFlux
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Ont, Canada
reply to TSI Marc
Marc if you need some SAN help let me know. I manage 30 arrays, large and small.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to TSI Outages
I think with all the headache, I can see why most ISP's now outsource their email services with gmail, or yahoo, etc. It's just less of a headache, and just simply works.

I get the idea of keeping it in house, but this is one case where it's been going on too long and well within the control of TSI. I don't use TSI mail and don't recommend anyone use it simply for the fact if you switch ISP's down the road, it's a huge headache.