spc
Search similar:

uniqs

FreedomRidge
@bell.ca

FreedomRidge

Anon

[Internet] Bell Turbo Hubb

We live in the country and periodically our usage jumps beyond normal. We are in an area called a "dead zone" and have no immediate neighbours that can jump on our signal that we know of (I've tried driving to the next driveway to test). We use the internet for emails, banking and the occasional research. We do not run a home business, website or other such online service, rarely do we watch YouTube and we don't download movies or have children in the house. This past month, our usage skyrocketed to over 22gbs and we received a letter from Bell about how we were affecting their ability to deliver service and if we didn't cease we would be cut off. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a glitch with Bell or in my computer because there is no way we used it.
jumpingryan
join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan

A letter from Bell that your usage is too high??? After 22 gigs? Affecting their ability to deliver service? Whatever.....

This sounds like Bell idiotic behaviour to a T. Why make a network so fragile with such PROFITABLE and UNREGULATED overage fees, and then send you a letter to complain you are paying too much of their own fees through useage!

Over a year ago, I used over 40 gigs on a single sim card. We paid the bill.

If required, I could get rid of the privacy info on the bill and sent it to you, but I doubt it would help much.

Abit more about our setup....

We have a Bell turbo hub, it is our only internet connection despite bing about 1 KM away from DSL and cable. We tried Xplornet Satellite to cut down on bandwidth, but decided to just go with an extra sim card after one year when our contract was finished. As well the latency made it unusable for internet work through a VPN, and most Itunes downloads.

Due to the outrageous costs, we purchased and signed up for an extra sim card that we swap out mid month. We considered going to 3 sim cards for 45 gigs.

Overall, this is Bell's problem. They charge a way too much for bandwidth above their overage of a tiny 15 gigs at $10 a gig. With a 15 gig a month charge around $100, a few computers than need windows updates, and you are at your limit.

Bell also control the landlanelines, so they really have no interest in upgrading you to Fibe if you already have sat TV and phone.

All about unregulated profits for people who don't already have DSL service.

The BUB (Break-Up-Bell) supporters are most heavily located in rural areas that have to deal with Bell's disinterest in upgrading rural areas to DSL. Why would they when they are rake in the cash through unregulated wireless.

R