uniqs
share rss forum feed

philpense

join:2013-03-02
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

New user with a remote

Have the VZ P265v 3RC and, as of this writing, I find that only the channel can be changed. No volume, schedule preview, etc. can be made to work. On the back of the remote are the instructions:

1. Turn on TV
2. Press and hold OK
3. Press FIOS TV & release both buttons
4. Press and hold PLAY until TV turns off
5. Press OK to save

This is the RCA PROSCAN Television. Hoping to correspond a few times with someone familiar with this process in the hopes of making it work as it should.

Much thanks in advance for any guidance.

bhan261

join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

Have you followed the instructions and tried programming the remote?

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
reply to philpense

Did you try programming the remote with the assigned RCA TV code? Those instructions are to be used if the assigned TV code doesn't work.

philpense

Washington, DC

Retrevo.com allows one to store manuals online. Had the manual for the RCA Proscan PS27108 but account no longer recognizes me. Perhaps someone on this site might be able to produce the manual. Don't think I can proceed until I find that.

philpense

Washington, DC
reply to nycdave

Got the code 302 which works. I find that nothing else works such a the schedule for viewing. Also, I have a separate Blu Ray player I would want to control with the same Verizon remote... How would I proceed? Much thanks...

Timothy28

join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

said by philpense:

Got the code 302 which works. I find that nothing else works such a the schedule for viewing. Also, I have a separate Blu Ray player I would want to control with the same Verizon remote... How would I proceed? Much thanks...

You can't unfortunately with that remote. To control anything but the tv and cable box you need one of the 4 button remotes pictured here. »www.verizon.com/Support/Resident···ides.htm