All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

gringgo
join:2000-09-18
Las Vegas, NV

gringgo

[NV] New Internet Rates - What do you know?

I just received a notice on my bill (Las Vegas) that the Internet Preferred rate is going up to $62.99 in October. That is a $7 increase on top of the $2 increase back in February.

I am thinking of moving up to Internet Premier, at least to catch the special going on now, but would like to know if anyone with Premier has gotten a notice of increase and what that increase is. Their website shows the old rates ($67.99) with the promo.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Matsayz
Premium Member
join:2005-02-08
Las Vegas, NV

Matsayz

Premium Member

my bill has been $67.99 since Feb of this year. When it changed from $64.99.... That's for Premier. I'm out in Henderson (215/GVR) but it shouldn't matter. I'm waiting for Century Link to do something MORE with their Internet so I can think about switching.

Lvted
@cox.net

Lvted

Anon

This is insane, I'll be downgrading my service tier if I see $63 on my bill plain and simple.

Says this on my bill as well.

"We continue our commitment to deliver great Internet service with the speed you need and free features such as cloud storage and Cox Security Suite Plus. Due to rising costs of doing business, our rate of Preferred Internet service will increase to $62.99 effective with your next bill statement. We appreciate you choosing Cox services and will always do our best to deliver the service and value you expect."

Well I don't use your cloud services.

I don't use your security suite.

So why am I getting charged for something I don't use?

So by downgrading everyone loses, great thought process, hope you plan to lower it by removing the two mentioned services above, or expect many users to downgrade or cancel.

Damn I can't wait till google fiber starts expanding past Utah.

I remember getting the best of the best 15 years ago when it was prime cable and 512k/128k but my bill was never higher than 40$ a month. $23 increase and now I'm reverting to slower speeds.
Expand your moderator at work
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to gringgo

to gringgo

Re: [NV] New Internet Rates - What do you know?

Internet Preferred rate is going up to $62.99 here in New Orleans too!

I don't mind it sense they are using the money to keep the whole Cox Network upgraded and ready for the future!

OldGeek
join:2013-04-12
Encinitas, CA

3 recommendations

OldGeek

said by 90115534:

I don't mind it sense they are using the money to keep the whole Cox Network upgraded and ready for the future!

LOL.....drop me a note.....I've got this bridge........

gringgo
Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

gringgo to Lvted

to Lvted
I don't use any other services. Seems to me that if the rate is going up I should get an increase in speed.
Expand your moderator at work
gringgo

1 edit

gringgo

Re: [NV] New Internet Rates - What do you know?

I did what I should have done in the first place, I called Cox and the Premier is going from $67.99 to $73.99. So, I will be paying $62.99 for ~25 MB down and it is $11 more for Premier, which is ~50 MB down. Decisions, decisions. Not happy about any increase, but $11 more for a 100% increase in speed??? No bundles here, but I do need my internet.

@Lvted, I heard that Google Fiber may be on it's way to Vegas! I am in on that for sure!
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

1 recommendation

ajwees41 to gringgo

Premium Member

to gringgo
Cox usually doesn't change speeds and prices at the same time.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

dvd536

Premium Member

rate hikes usually come 6 weeks later
bbz_Ghost
join:2010-03-04
Las Vegas, NV

bbz_Ghost to gringgo

to gringgo
Is there anyplace on Cox's website to see such a notice? I haven't seen my bill in the mail just yet so I'm curious, and yes I tend to say it pretty much sucks to see the pricing being pushed so high nowadays and not that much of a speed increase (yes we did get one earlier this year with a price increase, and now an even more significant jump in price and yet no increase in speed (even to 30 would be somewhat acceptable).

They're basically pushing the Preferred so high it's going to force people into taking the Premiere plan whether they like it or not.

Bleh.

gringgo
Las Vegas, NV

gringgo

said by bbz_Ghost:

Is there anyplace on Cox's website to see such a notice?

I haven't seen any notice and I am not surprised. I have only seen the old rates.
jrusling
join:2003-04-27
Mustang, OK

jrusling to gringgo

to gringgo
I agree, they add things I don't and will not use and they got rid of their USENET servers and personal web space, which I did use. I am getting more and more tempted to just pull the plug on everything.
rdsport323
join:2001-05-28
Irvine, CA

rdsport323

I don't think there are any ISPs left that offer free USENET servers.
jrusling
join:2003-04-27
Mustang, OK

jrusling

I agree with that, what I am complaining about is the fees that keep increasing and the services decreasing.
Matsayz
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

Matsayz to gringgo

Premium Member

to gringgo
my bill just jumped from $67.99 to $73.99 in Vegas. I only have Premier Internet.

gringgo
Las Vegas, NV

gringgo

I figured that was going to be the new Premier rate. I tried to pick up on their most recent deal @ $46.99 for 3 months but they wanted to charge me $30 for some self-install kit. Why would I need this kit if I already have Preferred!?
Matsayz
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

Matsayz

Premium Member

try calling again, sounds like the rep didn't know what is going on.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

dvd536 to gringgo

Premium Member

to gringgo
"because we can"

anon111
@cox.net

anon111

Anon

"because we can" shit will end very soon

»www.wired.com/wiredenter ··· s-vegas/

eat it cox
Buddylee
join:2013-09-10
Brooklyn, NY

Buddylee

Just saw this a couple of days ago. Overall I am happy with Cox but it will be good to have some competition here. The cost of their internet service alone is getting too high. I hope that the fiber service from Centurylink will have better latency and ping times which is my only complaint with Cox.
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh to anon111

to anon111
said by anon111 :

"because we can" shit will end very soon

»www.wired.com/wiredenter ··· s-vegas/

eat it cox

That's century link though - I kinda doubt it'll be everything they make it out to be.

Centurylink has a long history of releasing services that sound great on paper but turn out shitty.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

heck they cant even do 911.
when i had their DSL, during primetime i had to use the dial up as it was faster than my DSL.
jeffwilson
join:2008-10-25
Denver, CO

jeffwilson to Matsayz

to Matsayz
Same here re: rates going to $73.99.