uniqs

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap

Premium Member

[T-Mobile] T-Mo says roaming on post-pay plan will be better. Tr

Have been a T-Mo pre-pay customer for two years and recently have begun to spend 1/2 the week in Western MA (mostly Pioneer Valley) and the coverage sucks.

So I phoned CustServ last night and asked if roaming agreements on post-paid plans were more generous than my existing Pre-Pay. They said yes and, 1hr and 8mins later, a new SIM is in the mail.

But they will not tell me what's actually different: tower counts, locations, who's network. I'll just be happier, of course. Anyone know if there's any truth to their vague unsubstantiated claims?

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

Re: [T-Mobile] T-Mo says roaming on post-pay plan will be better

With post pay you have a little bucket of data roaming, not much.

Maps

pre
»prepaid-phones.t-mobile. ··· coverage

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

Data roaming on AT&T?

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to jap

Premium Member

to jap
This will tell you the difference..
Better Prepaid maps
»maps.eng.t-mobile.com/ma ··· -prepaid

postpaid map
»maps.eng.t-mobile.com/ma ··· ?map=tmo

For the most part, you get 50Mb of data and, really, bout it.. (and data roaming is throttled at around 64kbps)

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby

Good map link, thanks.

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap to djdanska

Premium Member

to djdanska
said by djdanska:

This will tell you the difference..

Thanks for the maps.

Zooming-in on my area the two claim identical coverage and it's B.S.. Reality, even for voice-only, is not even close to what's claimed.

I was suspecting my handset was weak but had dinner last night with a woman who's been here two weeks for a seminar and seeing similar dead zones to mine as she peddles the bike paths.

After reading around a bit I may go with MVNO PagePlus who resells VZ transceivers. Hate to give VZ even indirect business but they've got the goods in these parts and hearing good things about PagePlus.

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm new to the multi-site coverage comparison game.