uniqs

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Steve Jobs probably moved graves...

The amount of information that leaks out of Apple since the passing of Steve Jobs must have made Steve Jobs roll over so many times in his grave that he's since moved over one plot.

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT

said by Robert:

Steve Jobs must have made Steve Jobs roll over so many times in his grave

I'm thinking 2,000 RPM here.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
As such, "leak" is probably no longer the appropriate term to use... yeah, Stevie boy would really be "pissed", huh.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

This time the "leaks" matched the truth. No longer is Apple leaking "false" stuff to keep them relevant.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

2 recommendations

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

Hmmm... I've never considered Apple to be relevant--goin' on 30 years now.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
And the NEW products are hohum. No wonder their stock price is dropping and Android is kicking their butt around the world.

RiseAbove
Premium Member
join:2004-01-30

3 recommendations

RiseAbove

Premium Member

Android is kicking their butt because the software is on everything from HDMI sticks to cheap free phones on every carrier around the globe. When you give something away for free people will use that first and foremost that is why you can get an Android tablet for under $100 from China. Android is the Windows of mobile phones right now, polluted, everywhere, and becoming more and more boring.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5

Premium Member

said by RiseAbove:

Android is kicking their butt because the software is on everything from HDMI sticks to cheap free phones on every carrier around the globe. When you give something away for free people will use that first and foremost that is why you can get an Android tablet for under $100 from China. Android is the Windows of mobile phones right now, polluted, everywhere, and becoming more and more boring.

»news.investors.com/techn ··· sday.htm

Apple's iOS mobile software holds just 17% of the global market, far behind the 75.3% held by Android, according to IDC research. In the U.S., Apple has 43.4% market share vs. Google's 51.1%, according to Kantar Worldpanel research.

The 5C prices aren't going to cut in to the Android lead around the world.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to WHT

Premium Member

to WHT
Aw man.. almost enough to power some devices.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

old apple computer equipment is worth more then your iphone
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

1 recommendation

Chubbysumo to FFH5

to FFH5
Why would i pay $549 for a 5C when I can get a cheap new android smartphone, with nearly all the same features, for around $300? The iphone has never been about price, but about brand loyalty and fanboyism Fanboys be damned, I had an iphone before, and once I got my SGS3, I will never go back, and I really saw how much the iphone sucks. I mean, really, they are using a shitty display resolution, that is only, oh, 15 or 20 years old. At least get 1920x1080 on their phones ffs.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
I see these phones as clear proof the competition is hurting them.

"We need cheap phones too!". I also expect Apple will sometime soon start releasing large screen phones for people who like the large screens. The days of "We are Apple, you buy what we gift you with" may be ending.

kybaron
@kdmc.net

kybaron to RiseAbove

Anon

to RiseAbove
Not bored with my Galaxy S3 at all...

RiseAbove
Premium Member
join:2004-01-30

RiseAbove to Chubbysumo

Premium Member

to Chubbysumo
said by Chubbysumo:

Why would i pay $549 for a 5C when I can get a cheap new android smartphone, with nearly all the same features, for around $300? The iphone has never been about price, but about brand loyalty and fanboyism Fanboys be damned, I had an iphone before, and once I got my SGS3, I will never go back, and I really saw how much the iphone sucks. I mean, really, they are using a shitty display resolution, that is only, oh, 15 or 20 years old. At least get 1920x1080 on their phones ffs.

you are concerned about a phone being 1080 compatible? You are carrying a smartphone not a TV in your pocket. The iPhone 5 still has one of the highest dpi's on the market when it comes to smartphones and the screen is still one of the best all around.
RiseAbove

RiseAbove to kybaron

Premium Member

to kybaron
said by Anon80:

Not bored with my Galaxy S3 at all...

thats because you are busy going through the mountains of Touchwiz BS that Samsung stuffed on there. Not to mention all the automatic actions that Touchwiz has built in it that get in the way of everything.

umm hello
@cox.net

-1 recommendation

umm hello to RiseAbove

Anon

to RiseAbove
Don't you know Apple is the leading cell phone seller in the US? not by a small margin either. Now if you talk world wide it's a close race..
TurtleFan
join:2003-05-03
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan to FFH5

to FFH5
Agreed. But when I tried android, I just didn't care for it. Shift touch screen response, Apps didn't work. Facebook needed a seperate app to upload video. I eventually went back to Apple. While it is over priced, at least I know it'll work.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

to GlennLouEarl

sprint?

quote:
AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile all now use the same version of the iPhone courtesy of a new LTE chipset.
no sprint in the picture?

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4 to GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

to GlennLouEarl

Re: Steve Jobs probably moved graves...

said by GlennLouEarl:

Hmmm... I've never considered Apple to be relevant--goin' on 30 years now.

My latest windows rebuild makes me wonder why Apple isn't leader in the home PC market and tablet market and now mobile.
Opposing that view is people who make their living out of saying they can protect common users on Ms OS and because all the extra things you can do with it.
The cheaper androids can't handle app bloat.
Lets see how long the cheaper i-phone stacks up before the don't go there's say anything relevant.