uniqs

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

5s is the Obvious choice...

...IF you think a phone is worth $850...
or you could buy a different phone and still be able to upgrade yourself several times over the next couple years.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

1 recommendation

SimbaSeven

said by tshirt:

...IF you think a phone is worth $850...
or you could buy a different phone and still be able to upgrade yourself several times over the next couple years.

The answer is.. No.

I'd rather get the S4 outright and toss it in an Otterbox Defender case.. and I'd still be saving ~$150.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to tshirt

to tshirt
Holy batman $550 for a plastic phone w/ last year's tech. You can get a Google nexus 4 for $250 right now. I think Apple is smoking some serious crack on this one. The latest 4.3 update makes anything from Apple look like 2003 tech. I hope ios7 is REALLY better, because as it stands Google is walking away here.

APPL stock is going to tank, because their new tech is really, really boring and barely worthy of upgrading. When I went from the 4s to the 5 the big difference is the weight (glass->aluminum). I actually like the thickness of the 4s etter. The screen is still Busch league compared to the latest Android phones.

The only thing that REALLY suck a$$ on the GooG is the mail integration w/ exchange, which there is not. Idiots. iOS exchange while shady at times works really well, not blackberry well or WP8, but close.

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

I have a 4S on Sprint and see no reason to upgrade. There is no LTE available to me except in a tiny area near work. The new 5S just does not have a "gotta have" feature for me.

I am curious though about the issue with the Sprint having a unique iPhone 5S. According to the web site referenced above, the Sprint 5S actually supports more frequency bands then the AT&T/Verizon/T-Mobile phone. Regardless, buying such a phone from Sprint could very well mean you will have a phone that is only usable with Sprint and at the price they are charging, it isn't worth it.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Of course, you've probably paid off the subsidy on that iPhone 4S by now... so holding onto it actually means that you're continuing to give Sprint money each month for a paid-off iPhone without having a lower bill from it.

You might as well trade it in and upgrade, assuming you want to stick with Sprint the next couple of years. The device cost is a very small portion of your overall service, relatively speaking. It really is.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

Holy batman $550 for a plastic phone w/ last year's tech. You can get a Google nexus 4 for $250 right now. I think Apple is smoking some serious crack on this one. The latest 4.3 update makes anything from Apple look like 2003 tech. I hope ios7 is REALLY better, because as it stands Google is walking away here.

APPL stock is going to tank, because their new tech is really, really boring and barely worthy of upgrading.
When I went from the 4s to the 5 the big difference is the weight (glass->aluminum). I actually like the thickness of the 4s etter. The screen is still Busch league compared to the latest Android phones.

The only thing that REALLY suck a$$ on the GooG is the mail integration w/ exchange, which there is not. Idiots. iOS exchange while shady at times works really well, not blackberry well or WP8, but close.

And sticking with a 4" screen and not having a larger screen option will not help their sales at all.