spc
Search similar:

uniqs

treich
join:2006-12-12

treich

[Other] how can I get frontier get my overhead line get it burie

Hi Guys
I am just wondering how do I get frontier to get my overhead line moved under ground and get an new nid box installed? because I contacted frontier chat support and "annie" just set there argued with me about it.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Re: [Other] how can I get frontier get my overhead line get it b

If it's even possible you probably don't want to use chat; you're going to have to call telephone services.
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

1 recommendation

pittpete1 to treich

to treich
Get yourself a trench shovel.
Dig a trench from the pole to your tel. service entrance. around 8 inches deep.
Call repair and tell them the drop is down.
When the guy comes out, ask him to take the drop off your house and lay it in the trench and put up a NID with proper grounding.
Throw him 10 bucks and dont waste any of your time or $$$$ arguing with idiotic reps.

treich

treich

Thanks pittpete1 I will do that.
treich

treich

Would they even come out and fix it if I dont even have any services with them?

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Are you asking because you are not a Frontier customer? Or are you asking for someone else? Frontier or any other Telco is not going to come into an area served by another carrier and do anything to their lines or equipment. I am doubtful that they would not do it even you not customer until you have signed up for some kind of service provided by Frontier, it was an old installation they would probably charge to place it underground. In our area they normally do above ground installations. In order to get my utilities underground I had to pay my contractor to do the trenching and pull the power cable. I pull line was installed for Frontier and they did pull the Telco cable through.

treich

treich

I am not currently an frontier customer but there line and nid is connected to my house and its an hazard because its hanging very low because I can almost touch it flat footed.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B

Hank

Premium Member

Then call and explain the situation as suggested by darcilious. I don't believe the online chat is going to be worth your effort. Express your safety concern. If that doesn't work contact the organization in your community that deals with safety hazards created by utilities. Good luck.
pittpete1

pittpete1 to treich

to treich
Get a ladder and cut the drop down if its not crossing a street.
Cut the end near the pole and let it hang or coil it up and tape it.

treich

treich

here is an picture on what I am talking about:

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B

Hank

Premium Member

The picture really does not display what you are trying to present. Where is it along this run that you can reach up and touch it with you hand. It may be some of the illusions that have recently been presented on Brain Games is the reason it is not supporting your argument. Are you talking about where it attaches to your house?

treich

treich

Alright want me to take an other picture? showing that I can almost touch it? because I will.
treich

treich to Hank

to Hank

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B

Hank to treich

Premium Member

to treich
Something that displays the misconception of this photo would be good. This photo just does not support your concern at all. Maybe when you show that point you give us a distance from the house. Two pictures may be even better. One showing your relative position from the house and the other showing the almost touching sequence.

treich

treich

alright I will take an other picture.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Good the last two pictures you posted still do not illustrate your point.
You may need an assistant or a tape measure to show the actual height.

treich

treich to Hank

to Hank

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Excellent, confirms your point.

BenJ do you have a contact number to call to get this corrected? I am sure he will be happy to provide you with his location.

Ben J
My spoon is too big
Premium Member
join:2011-09-16
Elk Grove, CA

1 edit

Ben J to treich

Premium Member

to treich
What city are you in?

Edit: If you PM me the city and the number off the side of the pole I can get somebody to locate the pole and inspect it.

treich

treich

I am in Coldwater, Ohio but the problem there is no pole number the pole is owned by DP&L and it have power/TWC Cable/Frontier on it.

Ben J
My spoon is too big
Premium Member
join:2011-09-16
Elk Grove, CA

1 recommendation

Ben J

Premium Member

Understood. Your General Manager should be Richard Hutchinson (richard.hutchinson@ftr.com) up in Bowling Green. Shoot him an e-mail with your address, a brief explanation of the problem, and the above photos. He should be able to get one of his technicians out of Celina to drive over and take a look at it. Let me know if that doesn't get the problem solved for you.
Dolfan
join:2010-12-03

Dolfan to treich

to treich
The problem is you have a hip roof so you can't go any higher on the house. Depending on power clearances, it may not be able to be moved much higher, if at all, on the pole. If you don't have service then just cut the drop and be done with it. If you decide to hook up someday just request it be buried when you place your order. Not hardly a safety hazard as it is unless your going to be driving trucks under it in your yard. No voltage hazard of any kind.

treich

treich

earlier this year I drove couple trucks in my yard and it almost nailed the line so yes its an safely hazard.
pittpete1

pittpete1 to treich

to treich
If you don't have a home phoneline/DSL then do what i said and cut it and coil it at the bottom of the pole.
Dolfan
join:2010-12-03

Dolfan to treich

to treich
Cut it!
applerule
Premium Member
join:2012-12-23
Northeast TN
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6183
Asus RT-N66

applerule to treich

Premium Member

to treich
I had a Frontier line just laying in my yard and across the street for months. My line even got cut/disconnected somewhere (my guess is after a bunch of vehicles were driving over it). I disconnected my service after they told me it would take 5 days to just hook the line back up. They never buried the cable. Here it is, almost 10 months after I initially had service, and their line is still not buried. I disconnected the line from my house about 4 months ago and threw it in the ditch. Seems to be the only way to get things done when you're dealing with Frontier.

treich

treich

Well they came out and just cut the line and the tech told me they wont bury it until I get service with them. They going to bury 6 pair line soon as I get an order in.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Good to hear the accomplished what they were supposed to. That is correct most companies will not do anything until they have a commitment. But happy to hear the line is out of your hair.