All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« Verizon needs to change
This is a sub-selection from FiOS deployment....

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

2 recommendations

reply to Karl Bode

Re: FiOS deployment....

If ILEC copper sharing requirements can be lifted in exchange for FTTP builds, expansion could be restarted, and many other telcos would be interested in such changes. How can Verizon be expected to maintain both a copper and fiber infrastructure for the rest of eternity? Copper is dead, let it die and let the ILECs bring real broadband, and competition to the cable industry.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath

1 recommendation

I agree. But a lot of the issues with expanding would be a VZ issue. Especially since AT&T is willing and openly sharing their U-Verse network to ISPs. It's a hassle to find out the correct department that you need since they have no real name listed or web site but it is an option. VZ gives the information but refuses to even provide that information to you; unless forced.

Nemesis158

join:2012-09-15
Spokane, WA
reply to ITALIAN926

The problem you face here is that there isnt enough regulatory willpower and backbone in our government to force larger ILECs to actually build out fiber when cutting out the copper. I would love to get rid of the phone lines if it meant i could get fiber to my home. Unfortunately these ILECs (namely Verizon and AT&T) don't want to spend the money to install the infrastructure and would rather shut down the copper and defer everything to wireless, where their profit margins are much higher.