BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to jaberi

Premium Member

to jaberi

Re: Mozilla - firefox

If you have extensions they can break the page. Ad blocking extensions, javascript blocking extensions, etc I don't have adblock, but I do have noscript. For a flash applet to play there's usually some required like javascript first, and for advertising sites they check for flash before putting up the flash applet.

I find noscript is great for passively blocking most annoying flash advertisements, but if you block certain domains the videos you want to watch won't be available either. You can also use flash block to give click to play ability for sites you have to allow in noscript too.

If you have a certain page in mind that doesn't require to be logged into link it, but with the nature of removing elements being hosted on different domains many use advertising in videos too.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna

Premium Member

said by BlitzenZeus:

If you have extensions they can break the page. Ad blocking extensions, javascript blocking extensions.....

That was my thought as well. NoScript will do this. I haven't had a problem w/videos with ABP however.
jaberi
join:2010-08-13

jaberi to BlitzenZeus

to BlitzenZeus
BlitenZeus......uninstalling, re-installing, er debugging flash player did absolutely nothing and i found myself still not being able to play video's on some news papers....

however, once i disabled the ad blocks plus, i'm able to see video accompanying the newspaper articles.
thanks so much for your help!

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

adblock plus is a blight.