Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

600 users huh?

Verizon might make their money back in 25 years. Of course they could just not want to wait and raise the price on EVERYONE to recoup those costs. Enjoy the service Fire Islanders. Enjoy the higher prices catering to these people other Verizon customers.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

So, you would prefer to leave these people with a ridiculous wireless replacement? It wont cost much to pass 600 homes with FiOS, and there isnt a lot of maintenance compared to copper. It actually cost Verizon to wait so long, they could have had paying FiOS customers the whole time.

In fact, since there are no alternatives, the adoption rate will be much higher than their other areas. So yea, itll pay for itself.

Premium
West Tenness
said by ITALIAN926:

So, you would prefer to leave these people with a ridiculous wireless replacement?

funny there are more than 600 people in my county that don't have access to broadband. No one is making a big deal about that. And they aren't even separated by water. So no I couldn't care less that 600 rich people don't have wired service to their summer homes.

It wont cost much to pass 600 homes with FiOS,

You do realize they live on an ISLAND?

In fact, since there are no alternatives, the adoption rate will be much higher than their other areas. So yea, itll pay for itself.

No other alternatives? Why not? Why does Verizon get forced to provide service? How come no other companies are being forced? Hardly fair. Other companies were allowed to assess the situation and decided there wasn't enough profit in it an decided not to provide service an apparently that is ok for them. if you have these rules then they need to be applies to ALL or NONE. Choose one I don't care which.

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to 88615298
Boo hoo. I would be willing to bet it cost them much more in dollars to deploy their copper network in yesterday's money than it would cost them to deploy fiber now.

Premium
West Tenness
said by Skippy25:

Boo hoo. I would be willing to bet it cost them much more in dollars to deploy their copper network in yesterday's money than it would cost them to deploy fiber now.

No because actually back then the government paid for most of it.