how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xcites

join:2008-02-13
earth
reply to idsoafjiodsj

Re: [DSL] Wow, are you serious with this customer support?

Well... it's ppl recommending Teksavvy to their aunt, uncle, grandma and next door neighbors that's most likely causing jam up at tech support. I can tell you most of my aunt & uncle aren't very tech-savvy; will probably look at you funny if you tell them to look up their ip in cmd prompt . Users of Teksavvy in the old days used to be... quite tech savvy (minimal time spent holding up tech support)!

RizzleQ
The Sage

join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
kudos:2

+1 The more not-so-tech-savvy people sign up with TSI, the longer each call will essentially be with tech support. It just makes sense.

s_tux_g

join:2012-03-03
reply to xcites

+1

You are absolutely right! In addition they completely re-oriented their technical support to serve ONLY such categories of customers. I would even say they have built a huge barrier they call "technical support" that is operating on the level that doesn't go beyond of knowledge such as checking lights on customer modems and pinging 127.0.0.1 host. There is also one more advanced feature all of them are very trained up on is "An agreement of possible DMC charge!!!". Usually it is applied when localhost address didn't help

This is a root cause of jam, problems and it makes really tech-savvy people piss off when they and CS employees speak different "technical language"

Marc, is there a possibility to open a separate communication channel for veterans in computer industry? We will not call often. We will call only the Internet line is damaged, so one engineer dedicated for such customers support I think is enough. Return please back our old TekSavvy

JohnnyK

@pppoe.ca

Your 'old teksavvy' is gone, it seems. Did they recently change hands?? Did they do layoffs.. SOMETHING happened, and it's not good.

Arbalister

join:2007-11-24
St Catharines, ON
reply to s_tux_g

Just a point for the OP - have a peek at the Teksavvy facebook page - they're actively looking for more telephone support people.

Other than hiring more people to answer phones, there isn't much they can do to shorten wait times, when there are problems like the current situation with cable outages. Honestly, if more people would assume "hey, the wait time is more then half an hour, there must be a wide-spread problem, it's not just me... so they must already know about it..." then a lot of the problem would go away.

I ran an ISP for 16 years, and still work an internet help line... one thing I can absolutely guarantee is making the wait times so brutal are the people that insist on calling back every couple of hours to say "My internet isn't working." They don't bother to mention that this is their 5th call. Or that they know all about the current issue, and are just calling "in case they missed me."

@JohnnyK - No, they didn't change hands. Look in the stickies - they're having a long term issue with cable internet in some POIs. That means a much higher then normal call volume.

youneedhelp

@bell.ca
reply to xcites

no thats not correct

its a bunch of new agents on the lines at the same time. it takes about a month for them (the ones that dont quit) to come upto speed.

thats just how things go in this industry. chances are you wont see this the mods like to cancel my posts cause im not a fanboi even though i speak the reality of the situation

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to JohnnyK

said by Anon8:

Your 'old teksavvy' is gone, it seems. Did they recently change hands?? Did they do layoffs.. SOMETHING happened, and it's not good.

They changed alot but most importantly lost the CEO Rocky which seemed to make Teksavvy what it was. Since he departed it's fallen to pieces.

Mmkkk

@teksavvy.com

I wonder why he left... Because things changed. And i just dont get it

tuyennguyen

join:2011-04-15

I used to be a TekSavvy customer from 2005 to 2011. Right around the time I left is when things really started going to hell.

I NEVER used to call tech support for any reason other than to report a line outage (which was rare). All other problems I could handle myself. Then one day when I called to report a speed sync issue, I was waiting on hold for nearly an hour. This was a total shock to me, because whenever I used to call in the past, the MOST I ever waited was around 2 or 3 minutes.

It was at that exact same time that I noticed TekSavvy went on an advertising blitz. I saw their ads literally EVERYWHERE in Toronto. They were on buses, subways, newspapers - you name it. So obviously what happened was they took on way more new customers than they could handle. It was a classic case of overselling your services, and being unprepared for the consequences.

TekSavvy used to be an internet provider whose main customer base was as their name suggested, "tech savvy". But when you go on an advertising blitz to pick up every clueless moron slob from the general population, you better be prepared to increase the size of your call center by a factor of 10 because these are the people who will be calling you when their operating system freezes as a result of the 897 various trojans/viruses/malware currently nestled on their drives.

I honestly never thought I would need to switch to another provider because TekSavvy seemed like a really well-run organization by people who knew what they were doing - both on the business side AND the technology side. But at some point along the way, idiotic decisions were not only being made, but being approved. The end result is a company which USED to have a top-notch reputation as an independent provider. Today, they're nothing more than a lite version of Bell or Rogers. It's a really sad thing to see.

RLBL

join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to RizzleQ

said by RizzleQ:

+1 The more not-so-tech-savvy people sign up with TSI, the longer each call will essentially be with tech support. It just makes sense.

Smug attitudes. -1

This implies that not-so-tech-savvy people (i.e. the majority of customers) should not be signing up, thus keeping the business with the incumbents... which accomplishes what really?

Quake110
Premium
join:2003-12-20
Ottawa, ON

said by RLBL:

h-savvy people (i.e. the majority of customers) should not be signing up, thus keeping the business with the incumbents... which accomplishes what really?

+1, TekSavvy has gone mainstream now so the regular customer doesn't care about if it's Bell's or Rogers' fault, all they want is their service working and since they're paying TekSavvy, the latter is at fault.

The problem is that TekSsavvy doesn't control the last end of the infrastructure, leaving it to the mercy of the incumbent.

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been

join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to s_tux_g

said by s_tux_g:

This is a root cause of jam, problems and it makes really tech-savvy people piss off when they and CS employees speak different "technical language"

Marc, is there a possibility to open a separate communication channel for veterans in computer industry? We will not call often. We will call only the Internet line is damaged, so one engineer dedicated for such customers support I think is enough. Return please back our old TekSavvy

Veterans? In the 'good-ol-days' the only people who had a computer at home were those that were able to design and build one themselves - And I'm not talking about buying a case, PS, MB, HD, etc from Canada Computers and assembling it. I mean make a schematic & layout, solder chips on a board, and get an 8" floppy with CP/M that you had to customize the BIOS to work on your hardware design. Try to get tech-support for that!

So quit complaining! No matter how smart, or tech-savvy you think you are, don't look down your nose at someone who is less so. There's always someone who could be looking down their nose at you. Be grateful that the computer technology has evolved to the point that it can be utilized by practically everyone.

Why not try to help educate the less knowledgeable, rather than complain about them clogging the queue.

tuyennguyen

join:2011-04-15

said by WhaleOilBee:

Why not try to help educate the less knowledgeable, rather than complain about them clogging the queue.

Because some people cannot be educated. The reality is that the world is full of morons, and TekSavvy has now become a haven for them.

Viper359
Premium
join:2006-09-17
Scarborough, ON
reply to WhaleOilBee

Well said. Apparently, the ability to put parts together in a case, and install an operating system, makes you a tech savvy person, better than others.

I know fortran, so fear!

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to tuyennguyen

said by RizzleQ:

Look who is talking.

Blame Rogers and now blame TekUnsavvy people for joining TSI.

At least I am happy they(not-so-tech-savvy people) are allowed to have internet or even a touch a computer.

Wow I never new Nerds can only sign-up for TSI.

Gwai Lo Dan

join:2007-01-24
L5B 0C8
reply to Arbalister

said by Arbalister:

I ran an ISP for 16 years, and still work an internet help line..

You were with Mergetel right? I was curious a few days ago and googled the company and saw it was closed. Is the internet business too competitive for a smaller internet firm?

vincom

join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON
kudos:1
reply to loosedobbs

i bought a car, it wouldnt start, dealer says what happens when u turn the key, i says what key i was pushing the knob beside the radio as it looks like my brothers lexus's button to start the car.
moral of the story, you should know the basics of something your using like a pc, even rogers asks for users todo some teksavvy stuff