Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

justsometech

join:2003-05-08
h3h4h4
reply to Trev

Re: [Home Phone] Home Phone ported without consent- need some he

yeah but from my understanding the way its being held now is different, in either case he said it was easier to get back now... we will see

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to Trev
said by Trev:

said by justsometech:

new rep now advised the back office actually no longer sees the number with anyone- and its just sitting in limbo.

Doesn't really work like that. It's with someone, be it Rogers, Bell, or whatever other carrier.

If the OP's number was originally a Rogers number, not a number ported from another provider and the port never went through to Bell then the number gets released back to Rogers. Any number released back to Rogers goes into an "aging pool" which basically means the number is not re-assigned for 90 days or more, so that when the number gets reused the new customer does not receive a bunch of calls from people trying to reach the old customer.

If the number has in fact been released back to Rogers and is in aging then they need to get someone to take it out of aging and ensure it is not re-assigned to anyone else other then the OP.

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6
said by yyzlhr:

If the OP's number was originally a Rogers number, not a number ported from another provider and the port never went through to Bell then the number gets released back to Rogers.

Exactly, which means it's not in "limbo" but back on Rogers' possession. They should be able to restore service just as soon as a sufficiently competent tech is asked to do so.
--
I represent AcroVoice, a full service Canadian VoIP Provider.
Buy your Obihai ATA shipped from within Canada.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by Trev:

said by yyzlhr:

If the OP's number was originally a Rogers number, not a number ported from another provider and the port never went through to Bell then the number gets released back to Rogers.

Exactly, which means it's not in "limbo" but back on Rogers' possession. They should be able to restore service just as soon as a sufficiently competent tech is asked to do so.

Limbo is likely the laymen's term they've chosen to use to describe the situation.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to resa1983
said by resa1983:

All Office of the President does is listen to the complaint, then calls up someone who they *think* can fix the problem, and introduces you to them via 3way call, and tells them to 'fix it'.......

Apparently, the Office of the President is not the end of the line for dispute resolution. Rogers has an 'Ombudsman'. He/she is the last and final stop on the path to a settlement. Rogers is not very transparent when it comes to disclosing this fact hence: »communityforums.rogers.com/t5/id···e-id/654

justsometech

h3h4h4
reply to yyzlhr
Yes, this is what they mentioned the process would be.

Thanks for the link around the obudsman

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
reply to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by resa1983:

All Office of the President does is listen to the complaint, then calls up someone who they *think* can fix the problem, and introduces you to them via 3way call, and tells them to 'fix it'.......

Apparently, the Office of the President is not the end of the line for dispute resolution. Rogers has an 'Ombudsman'. He/she is the last and final stop on the path to a settlement. Rogers is not very transparent when it comes to disclosing this fact hence: »communityforums.rogers.com/t5/id···e-id/654

The ombudsman is useless. They will not review any case unless it's been officially marked as "closed" by the office of the president. Also their decisions are not binding as well, the company still decides whether they want to go forward with the Ombudsman recommendation.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
said by yyzlhr:

The ombudsman is useless. They will not review any case unless it's been officially marked as "closed" by the office of the president. Also their decisions are not binding as well, the company still decides whether they want to go forward with the Ombudsman recommendation.

Well, maybe so. The fact remains Rogers is ADAMANT that this is the person we need to go through. I submit that the CRTC or WHOEVER will want to be sure we covered ALL the bases before they will act on a complaint.

All I know is my post is STRAIGHT from Rogers rulebook as quoted by an Idea Box mod. I personally have no personal opinion.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
I've been in touch with the ombudsman without going through the OOP because it was an exceptional circumstance.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to elitefx
said by elitefx:

said by resa1983:

You are wrong »www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus Complaints, Make a Complaint 4th step says right there Ombudsman not sure how much more clear you want it.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to justsometech
said by justsometech:

Sunday update:

call from rogers- amazing that they even did that- so i called back and the rep said the back office couldnt get it done- they need an account number, i need to talk with Bell.
WTF.
i simply said thanks for the info and we ended the call. I was too mad to think or ask questions.
So i went to the Bell store, because what other choice do i have- of course hey didnt have anything, HOWEVER they did give me a lot of great info on their plans, so thank Rogers for continuously pushing me over to your competition...

I called back, more level headed- new rep now advised the back office actually no longer sees the number with anyone- and its just sitting in limbo. So this is good news, and he submitted another ticket over to get it back from limbo. Did that mean i actually didnt need to drive over to the mall and go to a Bell store today? Does that mean if i didnt call back today that ticket would have been delayed by who knows how many days? Probably.

I have also filed a compliant with the CCTS. Thank you to YSO for the link.

At this point i am now waiting for:
1) Call from the OotP
2) Call from back office and hopefully fixing my service
3) Info from CCTS.

Still no home phone.

That was a bad thing to do, either wait for the OOP or goto the CCTS if you do both it will even take longer now.

jobr

join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS
reply to justsometech
My experience with Rogers is that it's an utterly dysfunctional company and many of their employees will lie to you if it gets you off their backs. If your problem is the least bit out of the ordinary, it takes a lot of persistence to get connected to someone who can help.

A couple of years ago when I was still a Rogers Wireless customer, I lost data connectivity on my cellphone. When I called, they kept sending me in circles and after being offered to talk to the same department I had already talked to four times, I just lost it and started ranting about having to spend hours on something that was their fault in the first place and how the hell can they run a company like that.

At that point, the rep conferenced in a tech who put in a trouble ticket with their network engineering team and I had data back within a few hours.

justsometech

h3h4h4
reply to rogersmogers
Not sure why it would take longer- the reality is i am waiting on a back end tech to do something CCTS of OotP doesnt really impact that as far as i know.

Additionally the OotP did call today and indicated he would call back in 24 hours-what concerns me is that he never did ask what my main concern is

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON
said by justsometech:

Not sure why it would take longer- the reality is i am waiting on a back end tech to do something CCTS of OotP doesnt really impact that as far as i know.

Additionally the OotP did call today and indicated he would call back in 24 hours-what concerns me is that he never did ask what my main concern is

The reason why it may take longer is because you're getting more people involved who can't really help you. OOP and CCTS are good contacts when dealing with something financially impacting. This issue is purely technical and getting more clueless people involved doesn't help.

justsometech

h3h4h4
I would say that there is two main issues:

1) Home phone service- i still dont have it- hopefully will hear tomorrow i didnt hear from anyone today
2) The cluster**** that was last week.

I will be really honest, this post, me eventually leaving rogers, CCTS, OotP- none of that would have happened if consistent proactive help was offered- it wasnt, so here i am.

justsometech

h3h4h4
reply to justsometech
just a quick update

OotP called we may get home phone access by friday with our legit number, gave me a temp number.
Best quote from him "i dont know why nobody did this before"- I will use that later as i was thinking me either and you have apparently been on deck for over 48 hour to help.

I also received a email from the CCTS indicating the complaint does fall within their scope and i now wait on the service provider.

justsometech

h3h4h4
reply to justsometech
So,

Home Phone access is restored as of friday, hurray!

Apparently Bell essentially fat fingered the number (i am hear this through my fiance so i dont know the details yet) but that would somewhat explain that Bell had it, and then let it go.

In either case thats done. Was offered a 200 dollar credit. I will speak with OotP tomorrow to find out more details, and the CCTS case is still open.

From what i have read and been told, it doesnt sound like Bell can simply make a mistake like that

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·voip.ms
Well, it would have been Bell that ported it over. They'd just need to proper form (from you) to do it. Notice is sent to Rogers, Rogers ports number to Bell as Bell claims to have proper information.

Of course, you never authorized it, and likely someone did type it in wrong. Likely wasn't Rogers fault, but as their customer, 100% their responsibility to get it back.

$200 credit is nice. And Baby Bell should send you out a check for the hassle. Not joking, I'd talk to their office of the president, or whatever they call it, and tell them you'll drop the CCTS complaint if they send you off some money. Sounds like their employees need some retraining in proofreading and double checking what they type in.

Anyway, glad it worked out for you.