join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

TSI in Ellen Roseman's Column

Today's Toronto Star:

»www.thestar.com/business/persona···man.html
--
BHell... A Public Futility. When life throws you lemons, make lemonade.

pc8888

join:2011-05-31
estonia
I don't like the headline of the article, and the spokeman just side step the issues.

quote:
TekSavvy may treat you as a priority if you’re disconnected for a long time. But Rogers says it can’t give TekSavvy clients special treatment or let them jump ahead in line.
I am sure Teksavvy cannot jump the line, but Rogers direct clients are JUMPING THE LINE.

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
reply to AkFubar
That article seems like an attack on TSI for rogers not doing shit........

It's the worst kind too. Blame team B for team A fucking up.

kyrio
LURK MORE

join:2010-03-24
East York, ON
reply to AkFubar
I thought I read this exact article a week or two ago but with a different headline.

Also,
>reading the Star
>ever

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to AkFubar
That was a fairly bad article.

dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada
reply to AkFubar
Rogers propaganda!

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to AkFubar
Ellen is critical because she must be working for Rogers.

cameler1989

join:2013-04-18
reply to AkFubar
Wow, I love how the story is slanted against TSI. I'm really glad this is the first Star piece I've read in 10 years.

Good ol' Star.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to AkFubar
I'm not exactly certain it's an entirely terrible article, although it does unfairly point out only TekSavvy's downsides created by the flawed system the CRTC has created.

But it does make the entire situation more public. I'd say the article was much more unbalanced than bad, started out with a bad customer's experience. It may scare some people from signing up now but it does at leas educate them (not very well) about how IISPs function. I've often read posts that say "you should've known this is how it works", well, this article sort of accomplishes at educating folks.

At the very least I hope it just puts more spotlight on how much work the CRTC needs to get done in order to make the IISP system better.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to AkFubar
It would have been nice if she actually investigated and examined the real issues, but that would have required more time than simply trolling through "mytwitfacebook" to fill a pulp piece she is contractually obligated to churn out. Indeed had she done so she would have found out that Bell also plays the same game.

As I see it the issue is with the lack of Agnosticism, Rogers and Bell own the lines and provide front line technicians and engineers to install and repair issues, companies like Teksavvy pay for the rights to use these services and the use of the lines but get poor service. By rights all service calls should be treated the same regardless if the person has service with Rogers TS or another company. The truth is, and we have seen it here on many occasions is that both Rogers and Bell give their own customers preferential treatment (which it self is generally sub par) and treat the other guys with lower priority. Furthermore, and again its something we have seen here and in the other forums is that non-existent problems are reported to increase revue for the incumbents, or the functionality of the service is mangled to reduce speed and stability for no reason other to guarantee the need for a second, or third service call which come directly out of the customers pocket. Fighting unjustified repair costs is time consuming and difficult to do.

Oh what a dream it would be if Ellen actually dug deeper and went banging on the doors of the CRTC demanding to know why this happens. Ya, what a pipedream.

tintin

join:2013-07-19
Scarborough, ON

1 recommendation

I suggest guys write to Ellen and share your thoughts, just to see what she says. Probablly she'd be interested in a follow-up column?

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to AkFubar
Excellent article. Sums up Teksavvy pretty well if you ask me. Only part I don't like is where Marc says "Everything is functioning properly at our end." If everything is functioning properly, then there would be no Internet problems, no ping spikes (which has been fixed finally), outages, so on and so forth.

I'm glad they addressed the ticket issue too. That's one problem with Teksavvy which you will never face with Rogers. At least I didn't back then. With Rogers, I get end to end customer and technical support. With Teksavvy, they're pretty much the middle man so when you have Internet problems, well let's hope you have a 6GB data plan. Otherwise, you'll be spend a lot of time at your local fast food chain stealing WiFi.

loosedobbs

Toronto

1 edit
reply to AkFubar
"The wholesale model used by TekSavvy is flawed and must be modified, Gaudrault continued. He hoped the telecom regulator would revisit the issue in the weeks ahead."

Is he blaming CRTC?

Thanks god at least someone is criticizing TSI openly.
As I mentioned before TSI is losing PR war.

add:

"TekSavvy’s cheeky and clever ads on Toronto subways may have brought in too much business too quickly. Let’s hope that Rogers catches up and rescues the customers left in limbo."

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON

1 edit
How is that blaming the CRTC? Marc is stating that the CRTC needs to keep evaluating and making changes to the entire IISP system.

But continue to take things out of context or twist them to what you want them to say.
Expand your moderator at work

analog andy

join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC
reply to AkFubar

Re: TSI in Ellen Roseman's Column

If you read the forums much you'll see people who couldn't get a connection from Tek could get one with in a very short time frame from Rogers. So the "they're in the queue" excuse just doesn't fly here as Rogers customers are getting connected right away.
Expand your moderator at work

loosedobbs

Toronto
reply to AkFubar

Re: TSI in Ellen Roseman's Column

As I said before TSI is losing PR war.

If anybody including TSI thinks she is critical of TSI then their PR people should respond to this article. They have already talked to her right?

"“Our price is our price,” says spokeswoman Tina Furlan. “We don’t charge overages and customers aren’t surprised by excessive charges on their monthly bill.”"

"But TekSavvy’s reputation is taking a hit in the busy back-to-school period as it scrambles to keep up with requests for service."

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to AkFubar
I think the article is pretty fair. It highlights the fact that you get much better value for your money in terms of speed and caps when you go with Teksavvy, but if you run into issues you need to be patient because Rogers won't prioritize Teksavvy customers ahead of their own. All of this is true.

loosedobbs

Toronto
I thought same. Infact I am glad she wrote the article and now whatever the blame game (from both sides) is going on is in the news.
But TSI loyalists everything is attack against TSI.

As experienced all this will be forgotten soon. And reappear again during Next Xmas holidays.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

4 recommendations

There is no valid excuse for 10-30 day long outages.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

Chang

@teksavvy.com
reply to AkFubar
Power failure in Markham lasted about two hours now today. Rogers television has pixelation on about one-tenth of all the digital channels. So it's not just Rogers internet it's their television too. Will hell freeze over first before Rogers can supply adequate bandwidth?

mithrandir86

join:2011-08-03
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Exactly. I will go further to say that the incumbents must use the same ticket system they impose on TPIA, with the same priority sequence.

That we have heard reports of people being hooked up the same day with Rogers is a sign that the CRTC must impose a fair SLA on the incumbents immediately.

It should also consider forcing the incumbents to separate their infrastructure and service segments into separate companies.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by mithrandir86:

It should also consider forcing the incumbents to separate their infrastructure and service segments into separate companies.

I wish but I have a hard time believing that will ever happen.

loosedobbs

Toronto
reply to AkFubar
Anybody think Rogers is at Fault then let TSI pove it. Take them to court for not honouring the agreement. or prove it as some suggest sabotaging on purpose.
Till that TSI is at fault as the provider.

Old article praising TSI.
Jul 26 2011

»www.thestar.com/business/persona···ers.html

Looks like hiring more people was not the solution.

"If you want to find a telecom firm that uses exclusively homegrown staff, look no further than TekSavvy Solutions Inc. in Chatham, Ont."

So I say she has been fair to TSI. Its just people are tired of TSI blame game.
TSI wanted to play big and Big Three saying Welcome TSI lets play the game.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by loosedobbs:

So I say she has been fair to TSI. Its just people are tired of TSI blame game.

TSI could say nothing and customers would be even more pissed off for saying nothing.

tekSavvyUser

@teksavvy.com
reply to loosedobbs
loosedobbs: are you Rogers spokesperson or their lawyer? You are talking and acting like that, just take it easy. Do you have any interest in promoting something here?

loosedobbs

Toronto
reply to 34764170
TSI is saying its not our fault but Rogers/Bell is pissing of people more.

said by Anon80:

loosedobbs: are you Rogers spokesperson or their lawyer? You are talking and acting like that, just take it easy. Do you have any interest in promoting something here?

Not worth responding.

tekSavvyUser

@teksavvy.com
Honestly as a person who has no interest in either Teksavvy or Rogers/Bell, I get strong feeling that you acting/talking as if you are a PR person for Rogers. You so strongly trying to defend and promote Rogers. So obvious to a point of being almost childish.

I just get Internet whoever suits my need. So, take it easy unless you really work for Rogers or are a shareholder, then I don't blame you. But you have to be honest about it.