spc
uniqs

Doofus
@rcn.com

Doofus to M4RKIV

Anon

to M4RKIV

Re: [Cable Box] Comcast drops WTXX / "this" - then has

They're required to give 30 day notice of channel drops, did they do that? No you can't shame a cable company to bring the channel back especially one that is 100 miles away.

M4RKIV
@comcast.net

M4RKIV

Anon

There was no notification of which I was aware. They generally announce with great fanfare whenever they add some new content venue (usually in their pay-per-view or other "premium" areas) but to the best of my knowledge, there was no announcement of them dropping this station - they just silently pulled it in the middle of the night, it was about 2:00, I believe - and then, they try to fob me off with a pathetically implausible excuse.

If you wonder why no one trusts corporations any further than they could kick them - it's precisely because this sort of nonsense is considered S.O.P. and not even out of the ordinary at all. It's not bad enough that they behave like modern robber-barons, they even go so far as to insult their customers even as they pick their pockets.

doofus
@rcn.com

doofus

Anon

were you watching the channel thru a cable box? Comcast encrypts all their channels now including locals. Springfield Comcast listings still shows This TV being on channel 290.