spc
uniqs
awasser1
join:2004-03-30
Bloomfield, CT

awasser1 to M4RKIV

to M4RKIV

Re: [Cable Box] Comcast drops WTXX / "this" - then has

it is also an "LP" lower power channel. now in Springfield, MA. it used to be in Waterbury, CT and was the CW channel until 2010. So I can see Comcast not obligated to put a low power channel in the lineup.

M4RKIV
@comcast.net

M4RKIV

Anon

Very Interesting information, that - and it doesn't make me feel any more kindly disposed towards comcast & their policies - particularly since I live in Springfield and I thought that there was some sort of mandate that cable providers must carry "Local" channels. I checked broadcast station availability via TV Guide on-line last night and "this" was not listed among the broadcast channels in Springfield (unless, somehow, I may have missed it - I'll look again). Do you happen to know what station number "this" broadcasts on in Springfield? I've been thinking of investigating what's available for free over the air lately anyway. It will require a compatible antenna setup, but I'm using an HD 24" TV as my computer monitor, so at least it wouldn't require acquiring a new TV or an analog-to-digital decoder to do some experimentation.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

2 edits

rody_44

Premium Member

Just because its available OTA doesnt mean its a must carry. In fact other than a local PBS you can probably assume no station is a must carry. Abc, Nbc, Cbs, Fox, all of them and none of them are must carries. You can feel free to investigate whats available free OTA but when it comes to whats available via a closed cable system there is no relation between the two. In other words if your watching a station that is paying any broadcast fees at all its probably not a must carry station. If your watching a station thats broadcasting your local highschools football game and your local high schools graduation. Thats probably a must carry.

As far as giving notice when they drop a station. Yes they do give notice. But if comcast was never supposed to be giving you that station to start with, no notice is given.
awasser1
join:2004-03-30
Bloomfield, CT

awasser1 to M4RKIV

to M4RKIV
Digital Channel 34 was analog 12 fcc readout here : »transition.fcc.gov/fcc-b ··· =WTXX-LP