spc
Search similar:

uniqs

SandyMCB
@suddenlink.net

SandyMCB

Anon

usage NEVER displayed during first 2 days of billing cycle

For the last several months, I've observed something really weird on the internet usage page.

My billing cycle ends on the 10th of every month. The usage meter is reasonably accurate
every day. On the morning of the 11th, it displays the usage as of 11:59PM on the 10th.

However, on the 12th and 13th, the usage meter is NEVER updated. It continues to display
the usage as of 11:59PM on the 10th. On the 14th, it finally updates, but only shows
usage as of the 13th. If I look at the daily usage, it shows zero usage on the 11th and 12th.
(which is wrong, because I know I have used at least 10GB or more)

This have been going on since February...(probably longer, but I never paid much
attention to it)

Does anybody know why it does that?

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

Have you read the FAQ attached to the meter?

You have zero usage on days the system gets behind and doesn't report the amount in time. When that happens, the entire days usage is thrown out and not counted.

As to why it happens on the same day every month, I can't answer that.
TurboNerd
join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM

TurboNerd to SandyMCB

to SandyMCB
Lol I wish they will tell the billing meter guys that.

I call on a monthly basis and compare my sniffer to their online meter we access and the Meter they use for billing.
Havnt implemented the lovely DNS message here in our market for june july or august and I regularly stop by 4 days before billing and intentionally download 150-200gigs from my server at my house 20 symmetrical uncapped fiber.

Gives me a good trace and lets me know when and how much suddenlink throttles the 15 mbit which actually since the installation of the D3 has always shown up as 20 in speedtests (I wonder if SDLL3Tech upped our modem just to make sure I don't call and harass them daily again)
But yes they do throttle when you are constantly peaking your connection but 66% of 15Mbit package we pay for and 50% of the 20Mbit peak is nothing for me to complain about during peak times.

But anyhow no messages and both their online and billing meter are INCORRECTLY higher compared to my sniffer. and yes that same sniffer has monitored other meters that are correct so its not mine.
Heck they are incorrect amongst themselves billing meter is ALWAYS HIGHER than the meter customers have access to. Hence the phone call to their lovely call centers. 2 have gotten to know me by name with the years of calls concerning the ongoing phone issue. Which turned out to be a bad drop causing long latency issue (cable modem recovers easily/unoticably mta did not) and failure to connect to call server.

But that is for my market and your markets hardware may be different and accurate.

For the mods yes I am at and utilizing the SuddenLink connection.
That's why I havnt been on in a while