spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

c2q

join:2010-09-02

Rogers charged me ~$17 for 600 kb of data usage...

This is the second time it has happened. I do not have a data plan with my GS3 currently.
Both times it was because I factory reset my phone, which makes it enable the LTE by default on the first boot. I turn it off right away after I set up android and all that.
Anyway I never had issues with this in the past. I constantly used to flash new roms and do factory resets on my phone, rogers would always send me a text message notification that an app or my device is attempting to use data and I would NEVER be billed.
The last time this happened I got it reversed on my bill but they said it was a "one-time thing" they can do and they won't be able to reverse future charges like these.
I mean really..come on, 600kb of usage? Wow.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Why don't you have them disable data alltogether on your account if you dont use it? That would prevent such mishaps.
--

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to c2q
said by c2q:

This is the second time it has happened. I do not have a data plan with my GS3 currently.
Both times it was because I factory reset my phone, which makes it enable the LTE by default on the first boot. I turn it off right away after I set up android and all that.
Anyway I never had issues with this in the past. I constantly used to flash new roms and do factory resets on my phone, rogers would always send me a text message notification that an app or my device is attempting to use data and I would NEVER be billed.
The last time this happened I got it reversed on my bill but they said it was a "one-time thing" they can do and they won't be able to reverse future charges like these.
I mean really..come on, 600kb of usage? Wow.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. You used the data you pay for it. If you don't want to use data have rogers block it or stop resetting your phone.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Our 2nd resident Rogers troll pipes in with his "I love Rogers" post.

KamWest

join:2013-03-26
Canada
reply to c2q
Had the same thing on two phones, one for me and one for wife.

I turned it on and could not shut the data off fast enough. Got two bills for 10 bucks. Called in and said they can keep their phones and it was reversed.

HeHe... holy crap that was Bell.... no difference there

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Why don't you have them disable data alltogether on your account if you dont use it? That would prevent such mishaps.

Rogers hasn't offered data blocks in a very long time now. If the OP doesn't want to be accidentally charged, they should turn the cellular data off in the settings.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
rogers does not give you access to data unless you suibscribe to a data day pass, even for pay per usage
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

said by HiVolt:

Rogers hasn't offered data blocks in a very long time now. If the OP doesn't want to be accidentally charged, they should turn the cellular data off in the settings.

They will block it if you tell them it's a child using the phone.

arahman56

join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON
reply to yyzlhr
As said, ROMs don't come with Cell data deactivated.

Qsig

join:2009-05-18
Kanata, ON
reply to c2q
Take out the sim before first boot...done!