spc
Search similar:

uniqs
huyo2
join:2013-08-16

1 edit

huyo2

Recently signed up with 25/2 cable but a few questions

Hi, I recently switched over from TSI to Start. I'm really impressed so far by the service. The stability has been good compared to the 3 months of intermittent disconnections I'd been having previously. Support has been great too.

However, I have not yet been able to reach 25/2 at any time of the day, doing speedtest.net to Start Communications server. I'm only getting 18/0.4 at max. Sometimes at night (8pm-ish), I only get 8/0.3. I purchased a new DCM476 from Start, to replace the DCM425 I was using with Teksavvy.

My disconnect date with Teksavvy was Monday, Sept 9 (same as Start connection date). I gave them 3 weeks advance notice to send ticket to Rogers ASAP, but I was still getting connection on my DCM425 modem on Monday night, which I assume to be Teksavvy connection.

I'm still able to use my Start connection on my new DCM476, but my concern is that the Teksavvy line is still interfering with my new connection. Could this be the reason I can't reach 25/2..? I actually tried plugging in the Teksavvy DCM425 modem at 8 pm today (Wed, Sept 11), and saw the lights looked normal (4 lights on, 2 flashing, 2 solid). The "Internet" light was solid, however it seems I could not get online/ping anything on the DCM425 connection anymore. So right now I'm confused. How do I even know if Teksavvy/Rogers disconnected my old TSI line yet? Teksavvy says that the Internet light on the modem should be flashing or off when I'm fully disconnected. Right now I can't get internet on the DCM425 but the Internet light is still solid....so I'm not really sure if it's been disconnected yet.

TLDR;
I have two questions:

1. Is the active Teksavvy connection the reason I can't reach 25/2 on my Start connection... or is this even plausible?

2. How do I know my Teksavvy connection is fully released?

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to describe my situation in the fullest. I just want to get that 25/2!

Thanks!

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

Thanks for the info, sounds like the profile may not be correct. If you PM me your account # I'd be happy to take a look. Thanks.