how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

[Channels] Anyone else with Ultimate HD have "Sports Pass" remov

Verizon just randomly decided to remove the Sports Pass channels from my Ultimate HD package earlier to tonight. I made no calls or changes to them in months (maybe even over a year now - which is good). Among the effected channels are the Outdoor Channel (591/307) as well as the World Fishing Network (597/317). Is VZ making some kind of changes with this and everyone is effected or did I just get unlucky with VZ's horrible systems?

RBost

join:2009-07-07
Richmond, VA

[Channels] Re: Anyone else with Ultimate HD have "Sports Pa

I lost these channels Tues afternoon. Vz says they have no idea why and is "working on a solution".
I am in VHO 9 and 2 days later still do not have them back.

byron
Premium
join:2004-06-16
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Zero
They removed mine soon after I added RedZone. I had to call and have it added again. The supervisor I spoke with said it had something to do with the system basically thinking I should not have Ultimate+Sports+RZ and instead just upgrade to Extreme (but not actually prompting me to do such a thing).

charliewatts

join:2013-04-10

1 edit
reply to Zero
I had the same problem last night in VHO5. This morning ... All Fixed.

RBost

join:2009-07-07
Richmond, VA

1 edit
Mine still has has not been fixed and supposedly someone at the very top is working to solve this issue. It sure takes a long time to flip a switch.

Zero

Collegeville, PA
reply to Zero
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Thanks to all who posted. I'm still without the Sports Pass channels so it doesn't look like VZ fixed it automatically.

Stankyest

@verizon.net
I have "Ultimate" and tried to tune into "GoalLine", but it said I wasn't subscribed. As an Ultimate customer, shouldn't I be able to access it?

dragonstar

@verizon.net
I had the same problem with the loss of channels included in the Sports Pass such as Goal Line (I have the Ultimate package), but I simply hit the "subscribe" button and the missing channels came back (I was told that the cost would be $0.00). This was after making two calls to Verizon and rebooting my box a couple of times to no effect.

You might want to give this a try. Good luck!

chitchatjf

join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA
reply to Zero
I seems to have them removed except for CBS sports Net and BEin Sport
I put in an "order" around 2am to have them restored and as of 847am then still have not been restored

celticpride

@verizon.net
I lost those 2 channels also on my tivos but now i have sony movie channel on 735 univision deportes HD and espn deportes HD on 1537 and 1539, i have universal sports H on 596 on 1 tivo but not the other. I guess i'll have to call verizon and have them resend the signal to the tivo that doesnt have the universal sports HD channel.

Hooper
Premium
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO
reply to Zero
This is really annoying. Lost all the sports channels too. Since I have tivos support is confused. I am like dude just apply the sports package again. Why are they monkeying with this during football season. You had all summer to mess with the fly fishing channel.

Zero

Collegeville, PA
I know what you mean - I've only got CableCARDs and digital adapters so there's no IMG access to re-add these channels like they recommend doing. Spending 3+ hours on the phone trying to get it fixed has gotten me nothing too.

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO
Rep is gonna send an email to his coach telling him that they are sending the issue to the offline team to manually add the isoc. Complete joke. Wtf is an offline team for a telecom company?

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO
reply to Zero
Forgot to mention the offline teams response time is 2-3 days. Now you know why Verzion halted their Fios deployments. They are not a TV company.

pimentel2

join:2011-05-20
East Providence, RI
reply to Zero

[Channels] Re: Anyone else with Ultimate HD have "Sports Pass" r

Having the same issues. Only a handful of channels are not showing up

celticpride

@verizon.net

[Channels] Re: Anyone else with Ultimate HD have "Sports Pa

I called today and the csr told me goalline channel 571 is not on ultimate package anymore and that i have to pay $9.99 for the sports pack to get it,also yesterday i had the new universal sports HD channel 596 on 1 of my tivos but not the other, today the channel is missing from both tivos, 2 csrs told me that channel is also only on the sports package ,I forgot they also said outdoor channel and world fishing HD channels are also in sports package now. I dont know why verizon didnt let customers know of these changes? I'm sure there will be more than a few people not too happy with this.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
reply to Zero
I had the same problem. WFN and Outdoor Network weren't coming in. I decided to chat with tech support. After rebooting my box, without any joy, the tech support person went off to research the issue, and came back with the fact that those channels would be removed from Ultimate and moved to the Sports Pass. I informed her that the channels already were part of the sports pass, and that the ultimate tier gets the sports pass channels. I further pointed out that the other sports pass channels were coming in just fine.

She then told me that it was really a billing issue, and that I should contact them. To her credit, she relented when I pointed out (again) that the other sports pass channels were coming in... and that this was an issue that others were having. I said 'no... it's NOT a billing issue... it's a technical issue.' She went off again and after a few minutes came back with: it is included in Ultimate, but you need to subscribe (at no additional cost) via the IMG. I was going to try that anyway, but based on what others wrote on here, figured it wouldn't work. It did work. Channels came on after about 5 minutes.

One interesting thing, though. When I hit the button to subscribe, it gave me a message that I wasn't expecting - that it was going to check to see if my STBs were capable of receiving the channels. I know that BeIN is in mpeg4, but did they migrate WFN and Outdoor network, too?

webcobbler

join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ
kudos:2
said by JPL See Profile

One interesting thing, though. When I hit the button to subscribe, it gave me a message that I wasn't expecting - that it was going to check to see if my STBs were capable of receiving the channels. I know that BeIN is in mpeg4, but did they migrate WFN and Outdoor network, too?
[/bquote :

Besides the 6 .tv Channels, FiOS converted some more channels that they originally said they would a while back. That list consist of 20 channels. Those channels they just converted to MPEG4 are: Goal Line, World Fishing Network HD, MGM HD, and ESPN 3D.

There are 10 more channrls to go. 5 Cinemax HD's, 4 HBO HD channels, and The Tennis Channel HD to go.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
Wednesday I got the subscribe screen for Sports Pass when going to ch 571.
After pressing ok I got the correct message that the channels are free as a part of my TV package and the channels should be on in 15min. They channels were back shortly after.

celticpride

@verizon.net
so if you have the verizon box you can just push a button to get back the channels ,but tivo users dont have that option! someone at verizon needs to inform those csrs and tell us tivo users what we need to do to get these channels back,I asked the csr to resend the signal to authorize those channels when i called but she just kept saying i need the $9.99 sport pack to receive them.boy oh boy the red zone better work on sunday or they will be swamped with irate calls.

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO
reply to Zero
Channels still not working today. Definitely gonna get them to credit my account. They raised the price of cable cards and still can't even support them properly.

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO
reply to Zero
Still not working here. ZERO response from Verizon.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
reply to Hooper
I believe there's a number you can call to activate/order. If not, have you tried ordering sports pass via My Verizon?

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO
I don't have the option to add the channel pack online. I spoke with billing over the weekend and they can't add it manually. Had to pass it along to another group. Fios Twitter support said they would get back to me with a ticket number. Nothing.

lthead

join:2006-08-17
Baldwinsville, NY
reply to Zero
If you're still having this issue and are unable to self-activate call and have the tech support rep (FSC) upsell the package back on at no additional cost.

swhbh

join:2008-01-29
Warminster, PA
reply to Hooper
I have the same issue. I have had the Ultimate package for about 1.5 years. I tried to flip on one of the "Sports Package" channels on Saturday but got the sports package/subscribe message. I followed the on screen instructions, telling it I already subscribed. I sat through resets, etc. When that failed I had to call with the error code and my set top box number. The automated service reset the box with no luck, then also tried to "re-initialize" the box. Nothing worked and I didn't have time last night to sit around explaining it to a rep. My account on the website shows that I already have the channels, the "Sports Packaged" isn't shown as something I can add. It is ridiculous that they can't figure it out. Ultimate is supposed to be every channel, it should be simple.

dpasq

@verizon.net
reply to Zero
I'm having the same issues (Eastern MA). I spoke with a helpful but confused CSR yesterday and she had me try several steps, none of which I thought would work, and none of which did work: turn the Tivo off and on; unplug and replug the cable; unseat and re-seat the cable card. I stopped her when she thought that maybe there was a line issue - no way would that affect four specific channels and nothing else (I'm getting an error message on channels 571/591/596/597, like many others). She assured me that the four channels are still part of my programming. She overnighted new cable cards so she could refresh them once installed, but I don't think I'll go through that step - it seems that the channels are no longer part of my Ultimate package (in the case of 596, it never was, as it was just added), but the FiOS CSR's haven't received any information on any package updates.

Hooper
Premium
Castle Rock, CO
reply to Zero
I suggest everyone who is having the problem to hit up @verizonsupport on twitter and mention ^ALI on it.

Zero

Collegeville, PA
Did you have any luck on twitter with @verizonsupport? If you do let me know as the channels are still out for me and it's now been a week.

celticpride

@verizon.net
I called verizon again the csr did a refresh of my cablecard but it still didnt work at least i had 2 more csrs tell me i should be receiving those missing channels with my ultimate pack, i am now calling tivo for any ideas ,the 1st csr told me verizon doesnt support tivo,and didnt seem to want to help,but to his credit he did try just no luck!