Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

robertf390

join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY
reply to Zero

Re: [Channels] Anyone else with Ultimate HD have "Sports Pa

This is nothing new - I had the same problem last year and ended up missing the first two weeks of RedZone. Every time I called, CSR's told me, as a subscriber to Ultimate, RedZone was only included for those outside of NY and since I was in NY, I wouldn't get it. I think they make up excuses just to get rid of the calls.

I had to reach out to a family member working at Verizon to get resolved - after many, many hours wasted fighting. This is Verizon at its worst and clearly hasn't been fixed this year!

carljanderso
Premium
join:2008-09-15
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to Zero
I lost Red Zone on Sunday as well. I tied Twitter and Chat support. Chat responded first, but told me I had to subscribe. Almost reached through the screen to strangle the CSR.

I had to explain that I AM subscribed, and it took 20 minutes but they fixed it.

Shady Bimmer
Premium
join:2001-12-03
Northport, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Zero
For both the Sports Pass and NFL Red Zone I simply followed the on-screen instructions and clicked to subscribe. The next screen indicated (in both cases) that the offering was already part of my package and just needed to be activated at no charge. 15 minutes later I had them back.

I am in NY (VHO5).

I also had to do the same with Red Zone last year - simply had to choose 'subscribe' for zero cost to activate the subscription.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
I ended up doing the same thing. The folks at the Verizon Direct forum asked to to try that first. I did that on Sunday and it didn't work. I got some error code. I tried against last night and this time it looks like it went through. I guess I'll know for sure on Sunday.

Cogdis

join:2007-03-26
Floral Park, NY
reply to Zero
So I used the IMG on my DVR (which I rarely use since I have a PC with a cablecard tuner) and "ordered" the sports package. The message said that it was included with my package and would be activated within 15 minutes but that "periodic re-validation may be required."

Really? Are they just trying to be inconvenient? Might as well keep going and do this for the rest of the channels in the package. People can get used to tuning in 15 minutes early to make sure their channels are validated in time for their shows....

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY
Agreed, this whole thing makes no sense. Why does it keep happening and to so many people?

Hooper
Premium
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO
reply to Zero
So I got some email from Verizon offering me a free VOD movie for all these problems. I replied to that email and said I can't even watch VOD (tivo's only) and that some of the channels were out for almost 2 weeks. I asked for an account credit instead. So they credited me back $26 and change. Just a heads up.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Zero
I haven't watched RedZone this season yet, but I just looked at the channel and it says it is not authorized. All year there was a splash screen there and now they remove it just to screw with me? I'm getting sick of FiOS arbitrarily removing channels that I am supposed to be able to receive with the Ultimate HD tier.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
RZ will get deactivated unless you have watched it during the first 4 weeks of the season. All you need to do is activate it, and you will be able to watch it.

Hooper
Premium
join:2001-10-22
Castle Rock, CO
said by nycdave:

RZ will get deactivated unless you have watched it during the first 4 weeks of the season. All you need to do is activate it, and you will be able to watch it.

Ummm. I watched it every week and it was still deactivated. This is most retarded thing I have ever heard.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
reply to nycdave
Sounds like penny pinching on Verizon's part .. kill the subs that don't watch it so Verizon doesn't have to pay the NFL, even though its part of the subscription ...

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
It makes no sense and it's causing more calls to customer service to explain the same thing over and over, and half the reps don't even understand what needs to be done. If someone already paid and subscribes to something, it should always be there, no one will know they need to reactivate something, they will see it's not working and just call in and be on the phone for an hour. Is this going to start happening with the movie subscriptions too soon?

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
reply to Zero
Makes sense to the accountants, I agree is a dumb thing to do

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to nycdave
said by nycdave:

I can't just push a button and activate it. I need to chat or call them. And then it will be hit or miss depending on the person I get.

NYHeel

join:2009-03-12
Bergenfield, NJ
THis is really annoying as I lost it now also. Trying to deal with chat support to get it added back. I have a Tivo and can't push a button.

aaronwt
Premium
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Zero
I initiated chat around 11:30PM on Saturday . That is nice that on a weekend, late at night you can still contact someone. But they were not able to activate The RedZone channel at that time because they told me the billing department needs to do it and they were closed.

The chat rep said they would make sure it is taken care of before 11AM on Sunday and call me. And surprisingly it was taken care of by 9:45AM(RedZone was coming in when I checked at 9:45AM) and they also gave me a call around 10Am to verify with me that it was working.

matcarl
Premium
Franklin Square, NY
reply to navyson

Re: [Channels] Re: Anyone else with Ultimate HD have "Sports Pa

I have Extreme and today I'm getting Universal Sports. I didn't when Verizon first started carrying it last month. Is it a free preview? Anyone else with Extreme getting it today?

cheapchem

@verizon.net
said by matcarl:

I have Extreme and today I'm getting Universal Sports. I didn't when Verizon first started carrying it last month. Is it a free preview? Anyone else with Extreme getting it today?

I just checked and I have Universal Sports, now. I'm Extreme in VHO-5 (NY metro area), like yourself and have no idea why I'm getting it, but I hope it continues. I used to watch it on Ch. 460 years ago when it was a NBC sub-channel for free.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to matcarl
said by matcarl:

I have Extreme and today I'm getting Universal Sports

Same in VHO7 and Directv has a free preview till 11/20 so maybe FIOS did the same...

»www.freepreview.tv/category/univ ··· l-sports