uniqs
share rss forum feed

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

1 edit

Nzbdrone

Is it better than sickbeard or couchpotato ?

saitoh183
Premium
join:2012-01-08
Saint-Eustache, QC

Its an Alternative to Sickbeard only for now, but movie and Anime support are in the works. Also its only for windows atm. Im using it and i will never go back to sickbeard again. It also supports XEM for shows that have problems like American Dad

jp10558
Premium
join:2005-06-24
Willseyville, NY

Why is it better than Sickbeard? Why would you never go back?

saitoh183
Premium
Saint-Eustache, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

Because it looks nicer and its updated frequently. and updates are pushed to your applications so no worries about installing a new version, just hit the refresh button and voila!

SB is still a good software for non-windows users but i find for windows NZBdrone surpasses it (especially the new version).

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

I "look" at sickbeard about three times a year (to add and remove tv shows accordingly). Something that is getting updated often sounds like something that either isn't stable or hasn't been fully developed to have the necessary features
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

saitoh183
Premium
Saint-Eustache, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX

Its just that the project is very active and they actually fix,change and add new features based on a ticket system. So unlike SB, if there is a problem you often see Drone push out a fix within a few hours. As for stability, dont knock it till you have tried it. Drone is very stable at its based. Frequent updates are not always about bug fixes. I have nothing against SB, i just find Drone fits my needs better.

PinkyThePig
Premium
join:2011-05-02
Tempe, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to 90115534

Windows only is a dealbreaker for me. I have sickbeard running on a FreeBSD system as that's what my NAS runs on. It seems kinda surprising that it isn't supported at least on linux considering most people I know run *nix OSes on their 24/7 download boxes.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

For whatever it's worth, there is a linux version linked to off the homepage.

»github.com/NzbDrone/NzbDrone/wik···on#linux

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to saitoh183

said by saitoh183:

So unlike SB, if there is a problem you often see Drone push out a fix within a few hours.

Good to see that there's proper and extensive testing.

As a software developer myself, I can appreciate getting bugs fixed and published quickly so that the problem is resolved.

As a software developer myself, I can also attest that doing such is a good way to quickly screw the pooch and really screw up something do to a inadvertent mistake.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to PinkyThePig

Run it under Wine?