Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

disgruntled

join:2013-09-10
Old Bridge, NJ

1 edit

magic jack has not improved

My opinion does not count. Yours does. This is the conversation I had with Magic Jack today 9-10-2013. BY the way the number I was assigned is 1200 miles from where I am, but was not a problem for me. I am not a computer person. I read reviews that were positive by people who obviously knew about computers., a few of whom seemed to think that made my side idiots and their compatriots mini Gods above us lowly people because we do not speak or understand ‘geek’.

I fix cars, you come to me with a problem, I explain it to you in simple language , patiently until you understand what is wrong. I NEVER speak down to anyone and go by the saying “the customer is always right”. I get a ton of geeks in my shop each year who know a lot about computers but zero about cars. My wife is a surgeon when you need her service she does not talk to her patients condescending or mocking them. She explains everything over and over until they understand .

Just 2 months ago a company called 'visual bee' infected my computer with malware called PC HealthBoost™ that had a program to close out all walls and virus protection, take over my computer and shut it down completely and their removal instructions screwed up my computer, so I am cautious about deleting things

So anyway below is the conversation. (I made a few notations in parentheses’ ) You decide

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Scarlet'

Your Issue ID for this chat is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scarlet: Hello, how may I help you?

Nonya: I can't use my phone, the number does not work. I get dial tone but can not make or get calls

Scarlet: Let me help you with that.

Scarlet: May I have your complete name, physical address and your email address, please?

Nonya: I am transient and live in a motor home traveling the USA

Scarlet: Is this your number, 941-xxx-xxxx

Nonya: thatwas the number assigned to the MJ unit I got

Nonya: it's a florida number for sarasota

Scarlet: Is the magicJack plugged into the same computer you are using to chat me right now?

Nonya: I intend to end my trip in florida so that wrked out OK. Yes it is on this computer

Scarlet: Do you see the dial pad on your screen?

Nonya: it was but not now

Scarlet: Please click the link to download and run the magicJack upgrade:

Scarlet: »upgrades.magicjack.com/upgrade/m···etup.exe

Nonya: ok

Scarlet: Please inform me if the upgrade is finished.

Nonya: nothing seems to be happening

Scarlet: One moment please...

Nonya: it is now running a security scan

Scarlet: Please inform me if the upgrade is finished.

Nonya: the key pad icon is showing and also a window telling me to insert the MJ which is hooked up already

Scarlet: One moment please...

Scarlet: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you. (REMEMBER THESE “one of our top 10% ” AND “to the best suited site operator.” STATEMENTS )

Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.

You are now chatting with 'Faye'

Your Issue ID for this chat is xxxxxxxxxxxx

Faye: Hi this is Faye from higher level of support I'll be assisting you today, please hold on for awhile as i check your previous chats.

Faye: Please unplug your magicJack.

Nonya: ok done

Faye: please Click here to download mjRemover.exe and make sure to click Run on the download dialogue

Nonya: removing failed

Nonya: take ownership error

Faye: click Start(Windows Logo) and in the "Start Search" type APPDATA and press enter. Then open Roaming, look for MJUSBSP and delete the folder

Nonya: lots of stuff shows for APPDATA what one?

Nonya: ok found it

Nonya: crap I deleted it but another guy uses thuis computer and I think that was/is his phone

(IT DID DELETE THE OTHER PERSON‘S ACCOUNT)

Faye: please Click here to DownLoad, Unzip and Run the USBSCRUB

Nonya: ok that just deleted a lot of stuff and wants to clean USB drives and nexcopy hubs whatever they are. I DO NOT want anything except MJ affecting this machine, It was just fixed

Faye: Nothing to worry, its fine

Faye: Please proceed

Nonya: what exactly will this do? what already happened deleted the program for the printer I use (ALSO DELETED MY CAMERA DRIVER AND A LONG LIST OF OTHER STUFF THAT WAS NOT PLUGGED IN AT THE TIME. IT SHOWED THE LIST OF DELETED THINGS FOR JUST A NANOSECOND)

Nonya: because it was disconnected from the USB Port to plug in MJ

Faye: it will remove unused USB drivers

Nonya: i am computer illiterate whats that mean and why woyuld I want that?

Nonya: also what are nexcopy hubs?

Faye: We are on process of fixing the issue

Faye: Please proceed

Nonya: before I screw up this computer just please tell me what I asked

Nonya: I realize that whay would I want to remove them? I need more hubs than I have now, also what are nexcopy hubs?

Faye: We are keep on repeating Nonya

Faye: want to copy and paste again?

Nonya: let me speak to your superior I sdon't need your attitude yes until you answer my question. I just spent a lot of money to restore this computer because of instructions like this to remove a program that wiped out my computer

Faye: Its because you're keep on asking that already been answered

Nonya: let me speak to your superior now please

Faye: Im the supervisor here. You're issue is you are not cooperating and following simple instructions

Nonya: you are not the top dog there I want to speak to who you take orders from

Faye: I know your concern and i know how to fix it. Im the last person you can chat with.

Nonya: you are not satisfactory and have an attitude problem I want my questions answered befiore I proceed to delete anything fropm this computer do you understand that?

Faye: How many times i answered you same question over and over again?

Nonya: not one time

Nonya: you keep just saying to do it

Faye: yes, we're keep on repeating it right?

Faye: yes because you're not following simple instructions

Nonya: what country are you in?

Faye: florida

Faye: US

(SHE WRITES WITH AN ACCENT THAT SEEMS EASTERN EUROPEAN, BUT I’D BET SHE’S IN THE PHILIPPINES )

Faye: Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Nonya: then you should understand english. My questions were simple and easy IF you know what you are doing. If noty I want someone who does

Nonya: yes answer my questions

Faye: "Unused"

Faye: get that?

Faye: its safe

Faye: won't harm your computer

Faye: So can we proceed now?

Nonya: you certainly have an attitude problem, yes I understand that. I also want to know why I would want to do that, The must be there for a reason right? do you understand that sim[ple question?

Faye: again?

Nonya: no not again for the 1st time

Faye: We are fixing the issue right?

Faye: we are on process of fixing it

Nonya: that is not an anser

Faye: So its part of the fix

(A SPLIT SECOND FROM ABOVE TO BELOW! SHE IMMEDIATELY DISCONNECTED ME! AS OTHERS ALSO COMPLAINED ABOUT!)

Faye: I believe that I have already provided you all the information needed; I would like to ask permission to end this conversation with you. Thank you.
Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat

WOULD YOU CALL THIS CUSTOMER SERVICE OR WHAT?

BTW THE UNPLUGGED USB PORTS DELETED ALL DRIVERS FOR OLD CAMERAS AND PRINTERS AND OTHER THINGS THAT I STILL USE AND NEED FROM TIME TO TIME. SOME DRIVERS NEEDED FLOPPY DISCS AND OTHERS USED CD'S THAT ARE ALL LONG GONE. HAD I KNOWN THAT I COULD HAVE BACKED UP THOSE FILES

ALMOST FORGOT MY NEW NUMBER WAS TAKEN FROM A SCAMMER IN FLORIDA IMMEDIATELY BEFORE BEING ASSIGNED TO MY MJ AND THEY DELETED THE WORKING MJ NUMBER FOR THIS LOCATION. I WANTED MJ BECAUSE IT WAS SO PORTABLE TO USE ALL OVER THE USA AS WELL AS OVERSEAS

dplantz

join:2000-08-02
Roslindale, MA
dump them like a hot potato. There are other voip providers that have real cs. I use phonepower they are based in CA. They have an adaptor that works with a soft phone on your laptop along with apps for your smart phone. www.phonepower.com I have used them for 3.5 years now

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
havent been in this forum in a few years.
appears they haven't changed their underhanded biz practices any.
--
Despises any post with strings.

greenman

join:2002-06-18
Athens, GA
reply to disgruntled
It sounds the top 10 person didn't know there could be a lot of appdata folders.
She should have told you to type %appdata% in the windows start-button search field. That would have brought up the correct appdata folder automatically. For me, that brings up this folder:

C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming

From there, you would have navigated to the musubsp folder (lower case on my computer) and deleted that folder. Unfortunately, her directions were not very clear, do it sounds like you may have deleted the entire contents of the roaming folder. Bummer. She should have asked you how comfortable you were with computers before even attempting deleting files like that.
--
MJCheck - »mjcheck.low.li
Tips and Info on MagicJack plus.