Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

iOS 7 Features vs Jailbroken iOS 6.x

I recently watched a video review of iOS 7 and I can't see anything that I would miss, though I'm using less and less jailbroken features as time goes on, either because they're in the OS now or because the jailbroken app/features has not been updated to work (or work well) on the latest iOS version.

So I'm curious, what features are folks using regularly on a jailbroken device (e.g. SBSettings, themes, etc) that aren't going to be covered by iOS 7.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

2 recommendations

HiVolt

Premium Member

While SBSettings is the main one with the radio toggles finally being added to iOS7, SBSetting still has other uses and you can control other things with it.

Myself I like Activator, which lets you customize gestures and buttons to do various other cool things, which Apple still doesn't let you do...

I still like and use LockInfo, which is still more functional than Apple's lockscreen, which remains largely useless.

I like a visual tweak called Bolt, which removes the stupid battery icon, that only shows the percentage, and when you plug in your charger it shows a small charging icon in the corner of the icon bar

Also a tweak called NoSpot, which disables the stupid spotlight if you swipe to the right on the home screen... Though spotlight is changed in iOS7 I think so it might not be as annoying.

Another tweak I use is Switcher Mod, which modifies the task switcher to have a little red minus on all apps at all time, so you dont have to press and hold to wait for them to wiggle, then quit.

And something called Remove Recents, which quits and removes inactive apps from the task switcher, saving memory on the phone.

So yeah, I still like a JB and I will wait for iOS7 to get JB'd before upgrading, as I have my phone this way and Apple refuses to accomodate 3rd party tweaks to the OS.

rjackson

join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
Netgear R6400
Switches Trash Bin
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

rjackson to darcilicious

to darcilicious
I'm not ready to jump to iOS 7 until it's jailbroken. I know it will obsolete a few tweaks I use like NCSettings (I prefer it to SBSettings) and CleverPin won't be needed on a 5S with the fingerprint thing. But I still like f.lux, Infinifolders, Activator/SpringFlash, TypeStatus, not to mention Winterboard and all the visual tweaks I've spent months perfecting. Plus I have Chrome and Google Maps set as default apps.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by rjackson:

Plus I have Chrome and Google Maps set as default apps.

Ooh, is that even within 3rd party apps that use the gps mapping?

What tweak is that?

rjackson

join:2002-04-02
Ringgold, GA
Netgear R6400
Switches Trash Bin
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

rjackson

Browser Changer. it just makes links that would normally open in Apple Maps now open in Google Maps like it does for Chrome and Safari.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Ah, so it's just links... Too bad can't replace the built in apps map with google map...