spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oldcameraman

@rogers.com

1 edit

"48 hour special" = $10 more than regular rate !? !

Click for full size
Click for full size
Had an interesting experience with Magic Jack chat last night. Talked with Sienna and "Jessamae" (a supervisor? one of their top 10 customer service people?). I renewed one Magic Jack and was told on that chat that as a special for renewing customers, I was eligible for a "48 hour special" to purchase the new Magic Jack Plus. Clicked on the link and indeed it was a special !!! The price would be regularly $69.95 but if I got it within 48 hours, I could have it for $59.95 !!!! Wow! Then I went through my account and found that the regular rate was $49.95. What do you all think of that? Here's the transcript of the chat last night:

==========================

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Sienna'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK11153013989118X
Sienna: Hello, how may I help you?
Sienna: how are you today, Gordon?
Gordon: I have just received a special bonus for a returning Magic Jack customer. When I look at the bonus the MJ+ is showing as a special discount from $69.95 to $59.95. Sounds good right?
Sienna: can you give me the link if you have
Gordon: But then when I go on through my account, I learn that the normal price showing is $49.95. Please explain why my special offer valid for 48 hours is $10.00 more than the regular price.
Gordon: Here is the link for the offer valid for 48 hours: »web05.magicjack.com/my/action/48···2FmfY0JP
Sienna: yes, you're right about $49.95 for the new magicjack device
Sienna: I will check that url you gave
Gordon: Here is the link for the normal price through my account: »web08.magicjack.com/my/shop.html
Sienna: Please wait while I check that for you
Sienna: can you print scree the $59.95 page
Sienna: and give me the link here so I can check it
Gordon: Can't print screen: Here's a copy/paste:
Gordon: Shop Phone Numbers International/Prepaid Mobile APP Call Features Account Live Help FAQs Home / Shop / 48 Hour Limited Time Special Offer Limited Time Special Offer (48 Hr) 48 Hour Reward Quantity $69.95 $59.95 1 Buy a new 2014 magicJack PLUS™ Use with or without a computer Quantity Add 5 Years $99.75 $79.75 (Best Value) 1 Quantity Add 1 Year $29.95 $24.95 0
Sienna: One moment please...
Sienna: have you made a purchase for new magicjack $59.95?
Gordon: Not yet because I usually investigate before I purchase.
Gordon: magicJack Log Out (name) Shop Phone Numbers International/Prepaid Mobile APP Call Features Account Live Help FAQs Home / Shop / 48 Hour Limited Time Special Offer Limited Time Special Offer (48 Hr) 48 Hour Reward Quantity $69.95 $59.95 1 Buy a new 2014 magicJack PLUS™ Use with or without a computer Quantity Add 5 Years $99.75 $79.75 (Best Value) 1 Quantity Add 1 Year $29.95 $24.95 0 Copyright ©2013 magicJackSend To a Friend | Terms of Service | Support | Site Map
Sienna: is this on your magicjack account?
Gordon: Yes. The account was in my daughter's name but I was we have now changed the account back into my name.
Sienna: thank you for that concern, Gordon. I will report it here
Sienna: however the cost of buying a new magicjack device is $49.95
Gordon: oookkkaayyy... now what?
Gordon: Doesn't sound very good for MagicJack now does it?
Gordon: To give a 48 hour special with a price that some might take when it is 40% higher than normal price?
Sienna: I'm still checking on it as I can't see the page you gave
Sienna: I only refer to the one you paste on words
Gordon: I can print screen and email it or attach that page as a pdf file.
Sienna: you can upload it through image shack and give me the link
Gordon: The words are copy/paste off that page. The "48 Hour Reward Quantity $69.95" has the $69.95 stroked through and below it is the new special price of $59.95.
Gordon: What is image shack? give me the link
Sienna: search in google for imageshack
Gordon: »imageshack.us/content_round.php?···fydg.png
Gordon: Let me know if you can see it
Sienna: Please wait while I check that for you
Gordon: »img29.imageshack.us/img29/5434/fydg.png
Sienna: standby
Gordon: Sorry, this is more likely the link
Sienna: One moment please...
Sienna: thanks for this, standby
Gordon: Yup That's it »img29.imageshack.us/img29/5434/fydg.png
Sienna: I'm now checking it here
Sienna: Please wait for a moment
Sienna: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Jessamae'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK11153013989118X
Jessamae: I am Jessamae, One of the Supervisors. Hold on as I check your previous transcript/s.
(12 minute wait)
Gordon: ?
Jessamae: Hold on
Jessamae: thank you for waiting
Jessamae: but as checked it here that is the right pricing Gordon.. you can avail the $49.95 instead on your account or on the magicjack.com
Gordon: So you're saying that customers who rejoiced because they got the 48 hour special for $59.95 instead of the regular $49.95 should feel blessed?
Jessamae: No most of them purchased the discounted Renewal rate
Gordon: So Magic Jacks feels that it is ethical to offer a "special" of $59.98 (claiming that the regular rate is $69.95) when in fact the rack rate is $49.95?
Jessamae: I understand your queries and confusion but that is the reward offer
Gordon: What are you going to say to the media when I give this transcript to them?
Jessamae: I understand your concern but if you wanted to purchase the MJ PLUs2014 you can have it on your acount for $49.95
Gordon: Please escalate this to a manager because I don't believe you understand the serious impact of misleading/false advertising. I'm quite certain that upper management will be very, very disturbed.
Gordon: If they are not, Facebook and other public media will be VERY interested to learn of this
Jessamae: There is no manager and you are with a Supervisor. Every chat on this Live Person assistance is being reviewed by the Upper Management.
Gordon: I've been in Public Relations/ Customer Service for most of my life and am astonished at your response - or lack of it
Gordon: Please give me the contact information for your upper management. I will contact them directly.
Gordon: I expect to have a reply with that information or a call from upper management to my cell phone - xxxx 12:00 noon EST or I will make this deceptive practice public to try and protect the general public from this false and deceptive practice.
Jessamae: I cannot give you but you can use this address please print the RMA page with the bar code enclose it in the package when you return the magicjack to
Jessamae: magicJack LP, PO BOX 6846, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405
Gordon: What in the world are you talking about? Return what?
Gordon: You clearly are not up to date on what you are dealing with.
Gordon: Please try handling only one chat at a time
Jessamae: To be eligible for your reward, please click here. Your reward instructions will be emailed to you. Thanks again!
Jessamae: Please disregard that
(at this point the call is terminated from the Magic Jack side)
Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat

cellphone number removed - justin See Profile

lugnut

@communications.com

Re: "48 hour special" = $10 more than regular rate !?

You might want to ask a mod to delete your cellphone number from that quote before the bots pick it up and every telemarketing duct cleaning slimeball in the third world starts dialing you man.

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·voip.ms

1 edit
reply to Oldcameraman

I wonder if the price difference is because they charge a premium on Canadian numbers? IIRC, the standard price for MJ is $79 (includes 1 year) in Canada. The US might be $59, and $49 would be their special, just as $59 would be a special in Canada.

I only say that because I noticed that you came up as Rogers.

Anyway, doesn't matter, I already ported my Rogers Home Phone to voip.ms, and will do the same with my magicjack number.

ALSO: Further to my post, but your image has some personal information on it. Most likely you'd want to remove that from here. Or maybe that's just me, I don't know. I try to keep my life private from the internet. But you can edit that or simply remove it. (it has your full name and e-mail address, some don't mind sharing that, some do)

oldcameraman

join:2013-09-14
reply to Oldcameraman

Can I have a moderator contact me? I want to edit (delete) the two images I posted at the start of this thread but cannot see where I can delete them. As pointed out, they do contact personal information. Your help would be greatly appreciated ! thx

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1

Click for full size
There's a link over each graphic for deleting them:

lugnut

@communications.com

His problem is that he is an anon user and hence cannot edit or delete his own posts.

I see his actual name in the images so yes, the best thing a mod could do for him is delete the images entirely and allow him to repost the images in a followup to this thread after performing some suitable edits.

Such are the perils of posting anon in this forum.

oldcameraman

reply to Oldcameraman

Hello to a mod. Would you kindly delete my initial post? I can't log in under the ID/PW I used to post my comments and therefore cannot delete the images and file I attached. Once you have done that, I will clean them up to remove personal data and repost. Please let me know when you've done this. Your help is greatly appreciated.

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada

I "Hey Mods" it for you. Justin or another mod will be around to delete it.

oldcameraman

thx!

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
reply to oldcameraman

We removed your cell number, and edited out your name from the images. Was there anything else needing removal?