uniqs
browngeek
join:2010-01-14
hong kong

1 edit

browngeek

Fastusenet?

Has anyone heard of this outfit before?

They seem to be owned by Usenet Services LLC.

I've not heard of either Fastusent or Usenet Services LLC. Attracted to them because they claim to have services in America, Europe and Asia. I did try to do a tracert from Hong Kong, but the server pointed to the USA.

I have signed up for a trial, and their speeds from HK are much faster than using either Astra or Highwinds (i.e. I'm hitting pretty much maximum speeds on my internet connection).

However, I can't seem to find a lot of information on this usenet outfit as opposed to say Giga / Highwinds / Astra / Readnews.

Edit - seems they are a Readnews reseller. Wasn't aware Readnews had Asia based servers now.

dks7
join:2004-05-31
Omak, WA

dks7

»www.abload.de/image.php? ··· ajgg.png

readnews reseller
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to browngeek

to browngeek
To bad you don't have a Usenet provider in Hong Kong!

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to browngeek

Premium Member

to browngeek
Where do you see three servers, especially asia? I see two server addresses, news and secure both in the USA which more than likely point to the same end result.
browngeek
join:2010-01-14
hong kong

browngeek

said by swintec:

Where do you see three servers, especially asia? I see two server addresses, news and secure both in the USA which more than likely point to the same end result.

Hmm, I think I read their website wrong:

»www.fastusenet.org/globa ··· ork.html

"The data network that Fast Usenet is part of is capable of delivering multiple 10 Gigabit per second circuits in twenty-two (22) key markets, spanning North America, Europe, and Asia."

I read that to mean they had servers in Asia, I'm probably wrong though.
browngeek

browngeek

FYI Fastusenet's sister company, usenetcentral, has this on its website:

"Usenet Central's high speed network connects to servers in North America, Europe and Asia, which translates into blazing fast downloads for you! We have peering relationships with all major Usenet providers, which allows us to offer 99% article completion."

»www.usenetcentral.com/

But it seems that usenetcentral hasn't really updated any of its information since 2011.