spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vulgate

join:2012-01-27

[Pricing] Price check: How much are you paying for your FIOS?

Verizon prohibits me from getting only FIOS Internet. They will only allow me to sign up for a double or triple play account. It works out to $70/month for a 15/5 internet connection and phone service (that I won't use).

What are you guys paying?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

[Pricing] Re: Price check: How much are you paying for your FIOS

VZ doesn't prohibit ordering just FIOS-internet.
»www.verizon.com/home/fios-fastes···t/#plans

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

praetoralpha

join:2005-08-06
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to vulgate

I'm paying $79.99 for 50/25 (internet only) in Pittsburgh.

Frankg0

join:2005-03-09
Loudoun, VA
reply to vulgate

Will be installed next week.
$65 Phone and 50/25
$10 additional phone line
$10 for taxes and surcharges
------
$85 total

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
reply to vulgate

I only recently got it, so I'm still paying off the extra outlet install. My bill for 50/25 + lowest TV package with one free box and two cheapo converters is over a hundred bucks. Should drop down to around 80-90 later.
--
Oh, Opera, what have you done?

pinky321

join:2002-06-05

1 recommendation

reply to vulgate

Are you sure?! I have never seen Verizon prohibits people from getting only FiOS Internet thus far. In contrast, Verizon no longer offer dry loop DSL that means no DSL Internet only without telephone phone service on the cooper land line.

By the way, I am paying $64.99 for 50/25 FiOS Internet only service from Verizon, no TV, no telephone service from Verizon.

I would double check as I am sure you can get FiOS Internet only from Verizon.

JPL
Premium
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4

Yes, you can get internet only. A coworker who had their triple-play, just dropped TV and phone, and is using FiOS for internet only (streaming for his TV, and Magic Jack for his phone). Granted, they WANT you to bundle, which means its harder to find the individual options, but they're there.

JPL
Premium
Downingtown, PA

1 recommendation

reply to pinky321

Actually... not as hard to find as I thought. Go to Verizon's website, under Residential, and then under Shop -> Shop All Services. You'll see a screen where it says it's looking to find an offer for you. Deselect TV and Phone from the list of options. Voila!

kenwvt

join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA
reply to vulgate

Do you still get the local ATSC channels if you dont subscribe to TV ?

-Ken

vulgate

reply to JPL

You're right. I was previously trying to do it from the Add/Upgrade Services in the My Account portal. There, both phone and Internet have padlock icons where the checkboxes would usually be. But going through the main site gives the option of Internet-only (albeit at $74.99 a month for 15/5 without a contract).

HardwareGeek

join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to vulgate

I am paying 129.99 a month for 150Mbps, Ultimate HD and Digital Voice.

Comes out to 152 after taxes and my two boxes.
--
Email/MSN: Michael at hardwaregeeks.comAIM: MikeR35292

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
reply to vulgate

about $410/month. Soon to drop down to a bit over $100/month because I will be downgrading due to the whole cap thing.
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!

TreeTops

join:2008-11-23
reply to vulgate

For Fiber phone and FIOS internet ~ $40/ month . I was more or less forced off DSL (long story) and had to haggle to get that rate ... Install, activation, & the latest router were included no extra charge.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29
reply to kenwvt

said by kenwvt:

No.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

SoCalDude

join:2008-07-30
Ventura Co.

1 edit
reply to vulgate

Click for full size
Hey vulgate, try and bundle internet and Local TV.

For me it comes to $55/month for 15/5 + local tv. $10 more for 50/25. Verizon gives you one free SD STB and modern hdtvs will pick up local channels with built in tuners.

Also, anybody know if they fluff 15/5 to 25/5 if you get local tv?

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS
reply to More Fiber

said by More Fiber:

VZ doesn't prohibit ordering just FIOS-internet.
»www.verizon.com/home/fios-fastes···t/#plans

The same offer at my location is $34.99/54.99

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to vulgate

I'm paying $220 for Ultimate HD, 150/65 Internet, Digital Voice, and Verizon Wireless with unlimited data. After taxes, cable cards and extras like HBO and Starz it brings the price to around $250.

bbq

join:2011-04-03
reply to vulgate

I just got them to apply $20 "valued customer" discount to keep me from switching to Comcast, so I'm paying $60/month for 50/25 and local TV service (analog, no boxes). I'm happy with the deal, but I'm still considering Comcast as they're offering 20/4 for $29.99/mo for the first 12 months. Since I don't really need 50M that sounds like a pretty good deal.

bigbeard

@verizon.net

in westchester, ny, i am paying $185 a month with all taxes a fees for 75/35, extreme hd, digital voice plus 300 minutes long distance, one dvr, and 3 boxes.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
reply to vulgate

I'm paying about $180/mo all-in (taxes, fees, etc.) for:

FiOS Internet 75/35;
FiOS Extreme HD + HBO & Showtime
FiOS Digital Voice
1 Multi-Room DVR
2 "regular" HD DVR's
1 HD STB
1 SD STB

Not bad ....

vulgate

reply to TreeTops

Can you share more details about what you went though to get the $40 rate? I've read anecdotal reports of DSL customers being offered sweetheart deals like this to make the jump to FIOS, but there are usually some extenuating circumstances that cause Verizon to make the offer.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

2 edits
reply to vulgate

Should really seperate those with new contracts, which include huge discounts, to current customers out of contract as it would yield a much better aggregate.

TreeTops

join:2008-11-23
reply to vulgate

I am a logn time customer, had DSL issues on and off for 6 months. I threatened to go to Concast and was offer 3/1 FIOS plan with phone for 59.99 + taxes. After a few more calls I got 70/month with a 40/month loyalty credit .. taxes and surcharges bring it up to 40 / month here on S/E Pennsylvania.
Note I also have the absolute minium phone service

pappy97

join:2007-03-12
Dallas, TX

1 edit
reply to vulgate

I'm in Texas (Wylie/Murphy).

75/35 internet + phone. My actual bill, including taxes and fees, is $104.66/month. Seems high to me. Anyone think I should I call retention and find a way to get this lowered?

When 50/20 was the highest level of service, I had 25/25 at the "employee" rate of $45.99/month for internet only, even though I wasn't an employee. I gave it up the day the new tiers came because, of course, I wanted the new tiers. Still want to keep my 75/35, but would love to get some kind of discount.

Anyone think I can get this lowered? If so, by how much?

Thanks!

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to vulgate

75/35 + Prime HD.

1x HD setbox 6.99
1x Cablecard 4.99
Taxes and fees around 13$

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX
reply to vulgate

I also pay about $410/mo like houkouonchi for 75/35 + Ultimate HD for business + HBO but I have a /27 IP block (29 static IPs) cause I also host a lot of servers (Although I don't quite push the bandwidth he did, mine are mainly misc game and web servers for gamer friends of mine).

Question for you houkouonchi, how big of an IP block did you have and did you have TV service at all or was that $410 all going toward internet? I wish they would push the price down on the 150 business plan so I can upgrade from 75/35, but I guess this serves my purposes for now.

SoCalDude

join:2008-07-30
Ventura Co.
reply to patt2k

said by patt2k:

75/35 + Prime HD.

1x HD setbox 6.99
1x Cablecard 4.99
Taxes and fees around 13$

Where are you located, NY? Prime + 75/35 over here is $98 and 1 hd stb is $12.

mgamer20o0

join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA
reply to vulgate

$115 total including all the taxes and fees
hd ultimate
2 hd box
1 cable card

FiOS Internet 75/35

JPL
Premium
Downingtown, PA
reply to kenwvt

said by kenwvt:

-Ken

As someone already posted, no you don't. However, as a cable company Verizon is obligated to offer a locals-only package at a nominal fee. They don't advertize it... you won't see it listed as an option on their website... but you can get it, if that's what you want. Again, same coworker was dubious when I told him about this. He didn't see the listings for the local only package. But he chatted with one of their reps and found out that yes, they do offer it (again, they are required to, by law). My friend opted to not go with those channels, and just put up an antenna for his locals, in the end. But as he confirmed, it is available. Last time I checked it was something like $13/month for it, but that was a number of years ago.

mikev
Premium
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon FiOS
·Callcentric
reply to vulgate

Extreme HD TV + 20/5 internet = $109.99, not on contract. Add $4.99 for a cablecard and taxes/fees, my bill comes to $122 and change.

My fastest internet option available is 30/5 (thanks to a BPON VDSL MDU setup)... but after trying it for a month, I found that my speed was about 28/5. With fluff, I get about 25/5 on the 20/5 option, so I opted to save the extra cash each month and forego the the additional 3Mbps I was getting by paying that extra amount.