Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BuckyBoy
Premium
join:2000-04-12
Springfield, MA

1 edit

Verizon mail server TRASHED MY EMAILS . . .

Apparently, yesterday there was a major problem with Vzn's online web mail;dunno why I don't see anything about it here.

Anyway, all of my 30+ folders and 30+ Inbox pages are gone with the wind.

Talked to a "Saritha" at Vzn DSL chat yesterday. She said the emails would restore after 12 hours. Yeah, right. How's that workin' out?

I lost all kinds of stuff, genealogy, etc. Yeah, I know I was stuck on stupid to think they'd be secure on Vzn's servers.

FWIW, if you have emails on their web mail that are important to you, download them to your mail client or back them up another way.

Bucky
-----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Here's Vzn's update on this problem:

Email Service Update
Updated - 9/13/13 09:55 am EDT
On 9/12, Verizon experienced an email service disruption that affected a small portion of our email customers. Through our restoration effort, customers are now able to send and receive email normally and will continue to have access to their calendar and address book.

We are actively restoring email folders for customers who were affected. This may take several days to complete. When the issue is fully resolved, email previously sent or received and any personal folders that customers created prior to this interruption will be available.

We apologize for the inconvenience some of our customers have experienced, and we appreciate their patience.
--
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra

BuckyBoy
Premium
join:2000-04-12
Springfield, MA

Re: Verizon mail server TRASHED MY EMAILS . . .UPDATE

Good ol' Verizon restored my folders and Inbox. And my faith in Verizon DSL!

Still, a lesson learned (for me). "The Cloud" isn't bulletproof.

Save important emails on several email servers (Vzn, Yahoo!, Google) and/or your computer's email client. Back up the email client frequently.

Whew! I dodged a bullet this time!

Bucky

--
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." - Yogi Berra