Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Clever_Proxy
Premium
join:2004-05-14
Villa Park, IL

Cakephp. Anyone use it?

I've just started a project using Cakephp. Other than the database conformities, I really like it. It helps a ton with the SQL integration aspect of PHP.

Before I go too crazy on this project, does anyone have any input on it? I haven't started to mess with auth forms and ACLs. I'm sure that's going to be pretty tricky.

Toad

join:2001-07-22
Bradford, ON
kudos:1

We use it extensively. Result sets in arrays can be expensive in terms of memory and we've had issues with pagination of large result sets as a result. Otherwise it is pretty good.
--
»www.toddsplace.ca

Clever_Proxy
Premium
Villa Park, IL

Thanks!

Would you mind sharing your experience with ACLs and login forms? Ideally, I want certain users to have access to certain information that's only associated to their organization. This would obviously be defined by a foreign key in the 'users' table that references an 'accounts' table. I haven't gotten that far on the project, but if you wouldn't mind giving a few pointers, I would really appreciate it.

Clever_Proxy
Premium
Villa Park, IL

I have things set up with the Auth class. Not using ACLs at all. It works great and it's really easy. Cake rocks!

Toad

join:2001-07-22
Bradford, ON
kudos:1
reply to Clever_Proxy

Guess I lost track of this thread. In answer to your earlier question though, I don't believe we are using the ACLs either.
--
»www.toddsplace.ca

Clever_Proxy
Premium
Villa Park, IL

No worries. Thanks for checking in.