Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ray2

join:2004-01-15
Des Plaines, IL

look what wow got for new channel

NFL NETWORK IS NOW AVAILABLE

NFL Network is now available on Digital Signature cable.
Market Channel
Detroit 351 and 292 (HD)
Evansville 226 and 878 (HD)
Illinois 351 and 292 (HD)
Mid-Michigan 142 and 425 (HD)
Ohio 351 and 292 (HD)

NFL RedZone is now available in our Digital Variety Pak. Digital Signature cable is required.
Market Channel
Detroit 352 and 293 (HD)
Evansville 230 and 879 (HD)
Illinois 352 and 293 (HD)
Mid-Michigan 146 and 483 (HD)
Ohio 352 and 293 (HD) so now we have these 2 channel all will love this now up to par with comcast love wow
--
sorry so bad spelling and hard to understand im austic person thanks

chachster
Premium
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·AT&T U-Verse
·WOW Internet and..

I'm shocked! Was almost ready to call TWC and get them installed and leave WOW as I really missed not having the NFL network. I am sure this will come along with a rate increase at some point too but maybe not since RZC is in the digital variety pack that I will be ordering later today and asking about my receiver that I need to turn in as I need to get it back before I start paying for it. Great news for NFL fans. There are still other channels I'd like but maybe this is the start of seeing those appear eventually

grantsa4

join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL
reply to ray2

Great start to the morning. Very surprised, but very happy. They've done a good job keeping the sports fans happy this year with the Fox channels and now nfl network

OldEE
Premium
join:2002-08-25
Westerville, OH

1 edit
reply to ray2

I am a cable card customer and using WMC which has not updated its WOW list. In order to edit NFL into my lineup so I can view it, I need the cable frequency data for this channel in Columbus. Help anyone. I am ready for some football on Thursday night.

grantsa4

Naperville, IL
reply to ray2

My TiVo hasn't updated yet either. I am sure in the next few hours or day it will

bsipe9

join:2007-03-24
Berea, OH
reply to ray2

Is it going to be the full NFL Network? Because WOW had the NFL Network before, but blacked out any actual games that they broadcast. Hopefully that's not the case this time...

timf

join:2012-01-09
Plymouth, MI
reply to ray2

This was a very pleasant surprise to wake up to! It must have been an unexpected or last minute deal. The channels appear in the guide, but there's no guide data yet nor are the channels labeled.

grantsa4

Naperville, IL
reply to bsipe9

Very good question. Didn't see anything saying either way. If I remember correctly, they dropped nfl network because they were going to be forced to carry the Thursday night games which is more expensive. I would assume the games are included this time, but that's just my assumption, because they added redzone as well, so basically the full suite of nfl network packages.

Again, I could be wrong on everything I just said.

OldEE
Premium
Westerville, OH

1 edit
reply to ray2

Has anyone here in WOW Columbus OH service area viewed this channel this Saturday morning?

grantsa4

Naperville, IL
reply to ray2

I have it on my cable box, but not yet on my TiVo

boopin

join:2011-08-25
reply to OldEE

said by OldEE:

Has anyone here in WOW Columbus OH service area viewed this channel this Saturday morning?

I just checked and it's there. The listing and whatnot isn't updated but I went to the channel and it was there. Was wondering why there were TBA channels around the Encore HD channels.

OldEE
Premium
Westerville, OH

Thanks

baess

join:2011-01-28

1 edit
reply to ray2

Thanks for letting us know.

In addition to this WOW has made some changes to the channel lineup here in the last few months. Problem is they don't seem to tell us. Or at least I haven't seen them announce all the changes/additions (a few are mentioned on the website but not all). I certainly didn't hear about this until seeing it here.

edit: I had an email announcing the new channels. I rarely check WOW email.

Body Count

join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
reply to ray2

I wish they would let us have an option to not offer this channel and lower our bill some.

I have no interest in this channel but I'm surely paying for it.

grantsa4

Naperville, IL

I am sure everyone could say that for many channels

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..

Much more so for the sports crap than, say, E!.

Start the a la carte train by taking all dedicated sports channels out and making them their own, for-pay tier. Then lower the price for those of us who don't subscribe.

Watch what happens. Profits would soar.

baess

join:2011-01-28

said by adam1991:

Start the a la carte train by taking all dedicated sports channels out and making them their own, for-pay tier. Then lower the price for those of us who don't subscribe.

So cable companies should cater to your tastes?

Channels that don't cost as much balance out those that cost more.

anobix

join:2010-03-01
Columbus, OH
reply to ray2

Already bought Madden Anniversary which gives me Sunday Ticket and RedZone for the whole season. Maybe I'll get the signature/etc next year... or not, if they do the Madden deal again. $100 for the game, sold for $45 and now have NFL+RZ for $55 for the entire season.

Granted the only thing I use cable for is for watching sports, everything else I can stream online.

OldEE
Premium
Westerville, OH

Direct TV

bsipe9

join:2007-03-24
Berea, OH
reply to adam1991

said by adam1991:

A la carte would absolutely suck for almost everyone, unless you're only interested in like 4 channels.

It's not so simple as to look at the per subscriber rate and say that you could buy E! a la carte for only $.20 a month. The reason that channel is so cheap is because they're guaranteed of getting $.20 times every subscriber. Go a la carte, and E!'s subscribers go from 200 million in the US, to probably 25 million. Now E! would have to charge $1.60 per sub just to break even.

That would be even more drastic for say Military channel who get's about $.06 per sub now. They'd probably have to charge about $12 per sub a la carte to break even.

I don't see it happening for all programming anytime soon.

vincep5

join:2005-04-07
Mount Prospect, IL
reply to ray2

Wow said that the Chicagoland guide won't get updated until Monday

bigtomato

@wideopenwest.com
reply to adam1991

I complete agree with this. I couldn't care less about NFL football (hockey is my thing), yet I have to pay for this. The a la carte cable bill is sitting in Congress and needs to be passed ASAP. Why should I pay for all these sports channels that I'll never watch? Golf is another inane sport with it's own channel.

Let the customer pick and choose what he/she wants to watch, and pay only for that.

richard8655

join:2013-02-10
Glen Ellyn, IL
reply to bsipe9

So I have to subsidize the unpopular channels you like by forcing me to include it in my lineup costs, even though I'm totally uninterested in it? Ridiculous logic and a ripoff to everyone else.

ray2

join:2004-01-15
Des Plaines, IL
reply to ray2

They let us know of new channel under. portal page of wow under channel. Info on far right
--
sorry so bad spelling and hard to understand im austic person thanks

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
reply to bsipe9

said by bsipe9:

said by adam1991:

A la carte would absolutely suck for almost everyone, unless you're only interested in like 4 channels.

It's not so simple as to look at the per subscriber rate and say that you could buy E! a la carte for only $.20 a month. The reason that channel is so cheap is because they're guaranteed of getting $.20 times every subscriber. Go a la carte, and E!'s subscribers go from 200 million in the US, to probably 25 million. Now E! would have to charge $1.60 per sub just to break even.

That would be even more drastic for say Military channel who get's about $.06 per sub now. They'd probably have to charge about $12 per sub a la carte to break even.

I don't see it happening for all programming anytime soon.

The big reason why sports fans are so adamantly in favor of bundling is that while non-sports fans might pay $2 - $3 (which I feel are scare tactic numbers) per channel, they would have to pay $10 for ESPN. No sports channel, including ESPN are in the Top 20 cable channels in ratings. I bet TNT or USA would be reasonably priced because more people watch those channels, thus keeping them lower priced. Sports fans would have to pay $10 for ESPN or $6 for a local RSN because they sign ridiculous contracts with teams/leagues by taking into account that everyone pays for their channel, thanks to bundling.

And while weak channels would disappear (for which I see nothing wrong with that), the popular programming would most likely be moved to the channels that survive.

Jeremy W

join:2010-01-21

said by mogamer:

No sports channel, including ESPN are in the Top 20 cable channels in ratings.

»tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/0···/201917/

5 of the top 10 of the highest rated programs were on ESPN. Bottom line is the sports channels wouldn't cost what they do if people didn't watch them. Non-sports fans love to complain, but the cable companies aren't stupid. If they thought they could make more money by dropping ESPN, they would do it.

devolved

join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
reply to mogamer

And ESPN refuses to be put on a tier where fewer eyeballs will have access to it. That's why ESPN has been in the basic cable since it first signed on many years ago. Same with NFL Network. They will refuse at the drop of a hat to being put in a sports only tier or sold ala carte. They make subscribers who want NFLRZ to pay the extra money because the only people who will watch it are the core diehard fan base of NFL football.

And for those griping about the cost of the monthly cable bill, consider this, the cable TV dial is controlled by 6 mega media corporations. And they're operating under the attitude that if you don't want the network broadcast signals, then you can't have the cable channels owned by NBCUniversal, Fox, Viacom, Time-Warner and Disney. Most of the reason the cable price is so high is because Disney (ESPN in particular) asks for such a high price to be carried on the cable system. Going ala carte won't decrease that price any time soon.

prospector00

join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL
reply to ray2

Anybody find out yet what this Digital Variety Pak will cost per month?

After spending half the day yesterday trying to get RedZone via First Row Sports and Chromecast - unsuccessfully due to the weak signal the Ultra TV router puts out - this is not only welcome news but saves me a call to Comcast, which god as my witness was going to happen today. This is a game changer for WOW as far as I'm concerned. I've been a customer for 10 plus years and they came thisclose to losing me.

grantsa4

Naperville, IL
reply to ray2

Does anyone else using a cable card have the channels yet?

chachster
Premium
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·AT&T U-Verse
·WOW Internet and..

said by grantsa4:

Does anyone else using a cable card have the channels yet?

I'm hoping by Thursday! I'm still waiting.