spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Charme

@vodafone.in

How to save-data-on-limited-usage-internet-plan

I get a better speed of internet connection after recharge of my connection. After using of given limited data i get slow speed . during the better speed i just do nothing on system but connected with internet this also reduces my data pack , While all automatic updates is Off, No Antivirus Update and No downloads. So please help me how i can receive less data packet during the connection . In connection statistics i send only some data but receiving a lot of data .

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
That is how the internet works. You send a request for a page, small data. You receive the page, pictures, ads back, large data. The only real way to change is to change how you use the Internet. If you only used e-mail that would be a big difference, but you are describing standard Internet use.
--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·FirstLight Fiber
·Hollis Hosting
·G4 Communications
reply to Charme
Agree with Kilroy See Profile that is how the Internet works. For most residential users the amount of data received greatly outnumbers the amount sent.

There is no way to directly restrict what gets sent to you.

If you access a lot of commercial sites with advertising you can try to block ads. That will reduce the amount of data that gets sent.

/tom