spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bbwithdrawls
join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

bbwithdrawls

Previewed Exceed and surprised

I am a design engineer at a large healthcare company and work from home 3-4 days a week, I am shopping for an alternative to my pricey and unreliable T1 ( yes I have a good SLA which is not worth a darn when I am in a webex with customer and it goes down ) , I was able to preview Excede yesterday and try all my "tools; against it and I was pleasantly surprised

I was able to RDP into other computers with pretty good response times, open virtual center and get a good response, I was able to place very good VOIP calls with my communicator setup , all in all i was very surprised , I was getting 600- 750 ms ping times and 18-20 down on speedtests ,

the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger today is the caps , i looked in my router for last 6 mths ( ddrt) and avg about 45-50 a month , course I download movies and my wife does art classes online which stream flash and video ,

anyway my question is for the excede folks who lurk in the forums ( yes we know your there ) is there a larger plan than the 25 gb cap? maybe a business plan that's not advertised ,

could I learn to live within the caps? , maybe but I don't want to constantly worry about it ,I know about the free zone 12-5 and can do movies then ,

25gb is a little to small , anyone ??

wm4bama
join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

Wildblue/Exede does not directly sell business/enterprise accounts but allow 3rd party suppliers to do this.

Check them out here:

»www.avcllc.com/forYourEn ··· erprise/
ExSatUser
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to bbwithdrawls

to bbwithdrawls
Being that you average around 50GB/month, and you are aware of the LNFZ, do you really want to spend around $140/month for a 25GB plan which will restrict your usage to a small window/day if you go over the cap. If you do get throttled, it is going to be difficult to do many of the things you are talking about.

And while Exede is pretty reliable, weather will knock you out at times.

bbwithdrawls
join:2008-08-30
Vanleer, TN

bbwithdrawls to wm4bama

to wm4bama
looked over the links and in the fine print below it stated Wild blue for enterprise services 1.5 gb download speeds not good

wm4bama
Goodwater, AL

wm4bama

That may be old information...still a good idea to call one of those providers near you and ask about Exede 12mbs services.

Also, before you do, go here and enter your zip code and verify you have a valid ViaSat-1 beam available:

»www.wildblue.com/
Liberty
Premium Member
join:2005-06-12
Arizona

Liberty to bbwithdrawls

Premium Member

to bbwithdrawls
Google SkyVista satellite
They sell enterprise and I have done work for them for years
Good folks but I don't know their pricing or plans

Somewhere in the Carolina's I think....