how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ariesmk

join:2009-07-03
reply to Mike2009

Re: [DSL] SmartRG Bridge Mode

It's alright. The DHCP server doesn't seem to play nice with one of my computers and I also only seem to be getting 7 mbps up. Here are the line stats..

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by ariesmk:

It's alright. The DHCP server doesn't seem to play nice with one of my computers and I also only seem to be getting 7 mbps up.

I'm curious how you make out in bridge mode, and what that 7mbps upload is all about. I'm sure Senor Rocca will chime in soon.

I'm on a stinger over here (strike 1) and together with the previous modem issues (strike 2+3) has kept me from VDSL.

Thanks in advance for any notes and insights you provide.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
said by dillyhammer:

Senor Rocca

I'm Senor Rocca! And I'm so ill! (sorry, couldn't resist)

The 7Mbps upload is dictated by the DSLAM, ie the SmartRG nor any other modem isn't going to be able to alter that and it's simply a matter of line conditions and/or Bell equipment preventing a 10Mbps upload. I would suspect that our qualification tool would give an advanced warning of this - ie in most cases where this applies it is known in advance and presented on our qualification tool.

As for bridged mode, just delete the WAN PPPoE interface, create a bridged one and voila.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
Hmm, although modem stats seem like it should be attainable. Just looked at your account and it's still assigned, looks like you're scheduled for completion on the 16th. After that time if you're still on the 7Mbps profile just PM me and I'll see if the 10Mbps profile is an option for you. (can't check yet as the order isn't completed)

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:22
reply to ariesmk
Is there maybe another stat page that shows what remote type you're on, or maybe the VDSL2 profile like 12A or 17A?

Maybe if its got telnet access there's a way to fetch the info.
--

akmeikle

join:2013-01-28
Ottawa, ON
reply to ariesmk
said by ariesmk:

It's alright. The DHCP server doesn't seem to play nice with one of my computers and I also only seem to be getting 7 mbps up. Here are the line stats..

Were you getting 7 megs up BEFORE you switched to bridge mode?

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to ariesmk
said by ariesmk:

I'm not sure if this was mentioned but the reason that you're only getting 25/7 is because that's the profile you're port is currently set to. If you look at the attainable you're able to get 75009Kbps download and 31223Kbps upload.
--
Opinions expressed are my own, and may or may not reflect those of my employers or any other BCE company or division.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:22
Can anyone post a step by step guide to switching the SmartRG to bridge mode?
--

do2mi

join:2006-08-09
Scarborough, ON
Click WAN Service.
Tick Remove and remove exsiting settings.
Click Add.
Choose PTM0 and press Next.
Choose Bridge and press Next.
Next, Next and Save/Apply.