All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
35700765 (banned)
join:2013-09-14

35700765 (banned)

Important Voip Service Provider Considerations

Voip has changed the way the game is played, and ever more and more people are becoming aware of its importance.

But with so many service providers out there desperate for your business it is important that you choose the right service provider for your needs and not just the cheapest. Firstly will you require unlimited monthly minutes?

Secondly, what functionality will you require and are you likely to require the use of a range of features such as call waiting, call forwarding, conference calling, etc? Many companies will charge extra for features which you can get as standard elsewhere.

Thirdly, what is their customer support like? It is easy to get a feel for the quality of service they offer by doing a little online research.

Finally, how much down time have they had in the past 12/18/24 months? Once again this should be easy to deduce from a quick search online, and will give you a good indication of how reliable their service is. This is a crucial element because even a few hours downtime could cost your company a significant amount of money, completely off-setting the savings you are making from Voip!

If anyone would like any more Voip advice (for what its worth) please get in touch.
Dan_voip
join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip

Your statements are correct and pretty much well known on this forum.
Are you offering VoIP services, just as consultant or also as VoSP and if it's the last one what's your company name?

WhyADuck
Premium Member
join:2003-03-05

WhyADuck to 35700765

Premium Member

to 35700765
I don't know, but this smells a little like spam to me. Perhaps the OP (or the moderator) should edit out that last line. After all, this forum is not supposed to be for posting articles containing information that is pretty obvious to regular readers, just to drum up business for the persons posting such articles.

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline

Premium Member

Your nose is working perfectly, I thought the same.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev to 35700765

Premium Member

to 35700765
said by 35700765:

Firstly will you require unlimited monthly minutes?

I think that's an awful first question to consider.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by Trev:

said by 35700765:

Firstly will you require unlimited monthly minutes?

I think that's an awful first question to consider.

I agree. The maximum number of minutes in a month (assuming a 31 day month) are 44,640 minutes. If a company advertises 'unlimited' minutes in a month, then I should be able to use 50,000 minutes. But this is not possible because the definition of a month limits the amount of minutes in it. Therefore, you should not be able to advertise a plan with unlimited minutes per month.

Not to mention the 'fair use' policies that seem to redefine the term 'unlimited'...
A_VoIPer7
join:2009-11-04

2 recommendations

A_VoIPer7 to 35700765

to 35700765
said by 35700765:

If anyone would like any more Voip advice (for what its worth) please get in touch.

FWIW, I think anyone seeking more advice from some unknown poster that just created an account today would be foolish. Especially, when there are longstanding members on this forum that have already proven their expertise and willingness to share their advise (when asked, not in some unsolicited post).
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

2 recommendations

Mango

Premium Member

said by 35700765:

Everyone here wants advice about VoIP. That is the entire purpose of this forum.

You're welcome here, but why not discuss VoIP issues in the forums instead of asking people to get in touch with you directly? That way everyone can benefit and learn something.

If you'd like to introduce yourself, feel free. What is your favourite SIP switch and why? How many switches does your company have and where are they located? What do you do for failover? Do you resell, lease dedicated servers, colo, or operate your own datacentre? What equipment do you like to use?
A_VoIPer7
join:2009-11-04

A_VoIPer7

+1
Expand your moderator at work