Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ground

join:2008-01-16
Toronto, ON
reply to justsometech

Re: [Home Phone] Home Phone ported without consent- need some he

Why can't they just give you a temporary phone number, until your original phone comes back from Bell? This way at least you have the phone to place calls. Or am I missing something?

justsometech

join:2003-05-08
h3h4h4

wow. So.. called back and spoke with another supervisor and finally got it pushed up to the office of the president. The thing is, it seems lost on why- and when i say pushed i really had to push.

My final speech to finally get the OotP [which btw i almost let him talk me into simply coaching the previous reps etc]:

I want to trust you, but i cant. Over the last week i have had a rep tell me to fake an account at bell, 2 reps tell me they would call me back and didnt. I had a supervisor tell me they would call back and didnt, with that same supervisor making a joke about the lack of a phone. You can blame the other 4 people for the lack of trust. If you feel that you [that sup.] are the last stop, that line in the sand, fantastic, but if you feel the [aforementioned] customer experience warrants moving this forward then thats what i need you to do.

I think the most frustrating part was the proactive offer of $50 for the trouble- i let him know that i was no where close to even caring about that yet, and im obviously looking at canceling my services.

The other piece was that ZERO interm-solutions have been offered- no temp number, no person saying you should change to a certain cell plan-NOTHING. It should not be the customer to provide these, but it is oh so frustrating.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

Not even sure if escalating it to office of the president would help. Something like this requires someone who has intricate knowledge of porting processes, essentially someone who deals with this on a daily basis for a living. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out who that person is and forward off your case to them.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by yyzlhr:

Not even sure if escalating it to office of the president would help. Something like this requires someone who has intricate knowledge of porting processes, essentially someone who deals with this on a daily basis for a living. Hopefully they'll be able to figure out who that person is and forward off your case to them.

All Office of the President does is listen to the complaint, then calls up someone who they *think* can fix the problem, and introduces you to them via 3way call, and tells them to 'fix it'.

I've dealt with a woman in that office before when my Rogers on Demand wouldn't work and when attempting to use it would knock my entire box offline, and the damned woman at the Office of the President pawned me off on a senior tech dispatch person, time & time again, and never listened to me when I said we'd done this already. I had 5 tech rolls, and no fix - the problem was the line into the apartment, which the last tech knew about, and put in the ticket, but explicitly told me "I know the problem is in the line coming to the apartment - and not IN the apartment itself. I've documented it in the ticket too. Unfortunately, as much as I've put this in for fixing, I know they won't do it."

I told the woman at the Office of the President that, and she was surprised. I told her that her pawning my issue off on someone who kept doing nothing was absolutely useless, and that since she couldn't seem to listen to me and just kept pawning me off on others without getting the issue fixed, I'd just close the ticket without resolution.

Multiple boxes, the cabling in the apartment being switched out several times. Nothing fixed it. Brought the same box to the next apartment, it works perfectly.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by resa1983:

All Office of the President does is listen to the complaint, then calls up someone who they *think* can fix the problem, and introduces you to them via 3way call, and tells them to 'fix it'.......

Apparently, the Office of the President is not the end of the line for dispute resolution. Rogers has an 'Ombudsman'. He/she is the last and final stop on the path to a settlement. Rogers is not very transparent when it comes to disclosing this fact hence: »communityforums.rogers.com/t5/id···e-id/654

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by elitefx:

said by resa1983:

All Office of the President does is listen to the complaint, then calls up someone who they *think* can fix the problem, and introduces you to them via 3way call, and tells them to 'fix it'.......

Apparently, the Office of the President is not the end of the line for dispute resolution. Rogers has an 'Ombudsman'. He/she is the last and final stop on the path to a settlement. Rogers is not very transparent when it comes to disclosing this fact hence: »communityforums.rogers.com/t5/id···e-id/654

The ombudsman is useless. They will not review any case unless it's been officially marked as "closed" by the office of the president. Also their decisions are not binding as well, the company still decides whether they want to go forward with the Ombudsman recommendation.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

said by yyzlhr:

The ombudsman is useless. They will not review any case unless it's been officially marked as "closed" by the office of the president. Also their decisions are not binding as well, the company still decides whether they want to go forward with the Ombudsman recommendation.

Well, maybe so. The fact remains Rogers is ADAMANT that this is the person we need to go through. I submit that the CRTC or WHOEVER will want to be sure we covered ALL the bases before they will act on a complaint.

All I know is my post is STRAIGHT from Rogers rulebook as quoted by an Idea Box mod. I personally have no personal opinion.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

I've been in touch with the ombudsman without going through the OOP because it was an exceptional circumstance.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

said by resa1983:

You are wrong »www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus Complaints, Make a Complaint 4th step says right there Ombudsman not sure how much more clear you want it.