uniqs

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Downloaded iOS7

I just downloaded iOS7 GM (Googled around and found links). I'm actually impressed by it -- more than I was when I say screenshots (of the first version). iTunes was complaining that I don't have 11.1 (doesn't come out until next week), but otherwise, the Phone is running iOS7.

Anyone else pleased with iOS7? This might be my last iOS if next year's iPhone doesn't get a bigger screen.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
join:2002-06-05
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by Robert:

I just downloaded iOS7 GM (Googled around and found links). I'm actually impressed by it -- more than I was when I say screenshots (of the first version). iTunes was complaining that I don't have 11.1 (doesn't come out until next week), but otherwise, the Phone is running iOS7.

Anyone else pleased with iOS7? This might be my last iOS if next year's iPhone doesn't get a bigger screen.

The full release? Or the last beta?

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

the full release - GM. Really liking it so far.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
Iowa

1 edit

burner50

Premium Member

said by Robert:

the full release - GM. Really liking it so far.

Link?

edit:

Nevermind... Think I found one.

All the download links I can find have been removed.

Sad panda... might have to wait until Wednesday.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

Not willing to install until a few days' worth of opinions have circulated, but I will say I'm in the same boat in regards to the screen size. I find myself doing so much reading on my phone now and I am dying for more screen area.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to Robert

to Robert
IOS 7 is fine by me. A much needed refresh, I just wish it hadn't taken them 6 years to do it though, but you gotta give Jony Ive credit ... it was done right.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

pcdebb to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
what does it look better on, iPhone or iPad (mini)? I'm thinking I want to put it on my iPad mini first before my iPhone

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

The iPad version is (supposedly) not quite as refined as the iPhone version. You may want to wait at least a few days to see how it works for a wider user base. 7.0.1 might be worth the wait, if the reports are true.

not quite right
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to pcdebb

to pcdebb
said by pcdebb:

what does it look better on, iPhone or iPad (mini)? I'm thinking I want to put it on my iPad mini first before my iPhone

I have the file for the iPad, but I haven't got around to installing it. Maybe I'll do that today.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Robert

Mod

to Robert
Seeing it's not released yet I have no idea.

I would like to play with it though if non-developers in theory can run it.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

I'm not a non-developer, and downloaded the GM Version and installed it.
Robert

Robert

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Here's a screenshot of the lock screen and the home screen.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

I am going to assume like 7 third party apps work out of the whole catalogue, right?

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
All my apps are working as expected. There's a new set of ringtones and alert tones (the originals are still there under a sub-menu called "classic").

Some people had to restore from their backup after upgrading, but I didn't. There's also a Facetime app now, which I moved to the VoIP folder.

norbert26
Premium Member
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
thats looking sweet i'm wanting it more and more

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Robert

MVM

to Robert
Really a minor thing but I wonder if there's a specific reason that iOS does not display carrier logos (like some Jailbreak code does).

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

iOS 1 did that but I guess that it looked out of place with their intended interface layout.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by Mike:

iOS 1 did that but I guess that it looked out of place with their intended interface layout.

Ah, didn't know that about iOS 1. I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon with the 3G.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium Member
Iowa

burner50

Premium Member

said by Nezmo:

said by Mike:

Ah, didn't know that about iOS 1. I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon with the 3G.

I jumped on about three weeks ago

not quite right
Puyallup, WA

not quite right to Robert

to Robert
Click for full size

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

woohoo! As you said earlier, it was done right -- too bad it took so long. Biggest iOS change in Apple history.
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

3 recommendations

WhyMe420 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
Not going with 7 until there's a jailbreak.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Robert

MVM

to Robert
I think I'll tough it out until the 18th,......

I'll probably try iOS on my iPad 3rd gen but I have been interested in upgrading when a 5th gen is released. The 3rd gen seems fine but I would like a little more storage next time, maybe a 32GB model.

I'd also like an iPhone 5S or 5C since I'm still on a 4. Oddly enough the 4 is fine, although, I suspect that iOS 7 would crawl on it,......

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

I personally wouldn't get the 5S or 5C. If the 4 can't handle iOS 7, then you might want to hit eBay (or this website's buy/sell forum) to pick up any used iPhone 5 that people are getting rid of it. I would wait until next year for the iPhone 6.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Robert

Mod

to Robert
Not that I know or anything but iOS 7 is friggin sweet so far... from what I've seen.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

I found 1 problem but it seems to have corrected itself after a reboot. I downloaded an app but it never showed up (the app store showed that I had it installed). A reboot fixed it.

norbert26
Premium Member
Warwick, RI

norbert26 to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
same problem i wouldn't put it on the 4 till i see some feed back. was gonna put it on my mini but see maybe i need to wait for 7.0.1

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
Hope to put it on my iPad 4 as soon as possible; will probably wait for the jailbreak before putting it on my iPhone 5.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by darcilicious:

Hope to put it on my iPad 4 as soon as possible; will probably wait for the jailbreak before putting it on my iPhone 5.

Was there ever a jailbreak on the latest iOS 6? I gave up on jailbreak recently.

norbert26
Premium Member
Warwick, RI

norbert26

Premium Member

last time i had JB was on 6.1.2 i dumped it ran the 4 ran like a slug. AFAIK no JB was ever released for 6.1.3 unless i missed something.