dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to ashrc4

Premium Member

to ashrc4

Re: Randomness and linux's go at it.

Everything in a computer is numbers. A computer program is just a big number. Some devices draw squiggly marks if you given them certain numbers. This reply is a number.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW

Premium Member

Yup. Computers only do two digits: 0 and 1. That said they do lots of 0's and 1's in parallel

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by StuartMW:

... Computers only do two digits: 0 and 1. ...

Except for ternary-logic computers, which generally have 0, +1, and -1 states. The cool thing about ternary is that the negative value of a number consists of just flipping the +/- signs, which makes subtraction into just flipping bit signs for one number followed by an addition with the other. Back in the late 60's and 70's, an R&D project with which I was involved was playing around with the ternary concept, since the end-item usage required enormous amounts of numerical subtractions. Unfortunately, there remained extremely little industrial/military parts support for that form of logic - everything was hurtling down a path of miniaturizing binary logic and implementing that onto IC chips, so our ternary project pretty much withered on the vine for lack of available parts. But I've always wondered what could really be done if the industry ever put any horsepower behind it...

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by Blackbird:

Except for ternary-logic computers, which generally have 0, +1, and -1 states.

Don't forget Qubits!
dave
Premium Member
not in ohio

dave to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
But layer-1 protocols can have more than two digits, which is why you need to know the difference between 'bits per second' and 'baud'.

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

1 edit

ashrc4 to dave

Premium Member

to dave
said by dave:

Everything in a computer is numbers. A computer program is just a big number......This reply is a number.

And those UNIQUE binary's have rendered themselves on my computer screen.
Encrypt a message of one character say "W" in text document.
The Exif data fits known templates.
Encrypt a text document with 64 "W's"
NTFS has rules and known data either in exif form or otherwise that can be located specifically on a hard drive. Some of the locators such as partitions or where the OS is installed etc.

The possibility of decoding the stacking of binary's depending on the library used can also be manipulated. The reason i chose codecs is because millions of colours need to be coded into binary the chart above is a tight, short example of the total characters used for a pass-phrase.
This increases the length of the binary code (static) also increases the possibility of unique patterns forming.
To make sense of these algorithms that know how colour pixels stack together to form shapes etc already exist.
Can repeatedly sequencing/manipulating the data extract EXIF and shape/colour patterns. If thousands of pixels the same colour are stacked together, say a white cloud, then the key for the encryption is only lightly coded and repeated in a Frame of the movie then repeated (still shot).
Probably the biggest Exif type scenario i can think of.

Extracting patterns from binary may be difficult and take multiple steps to make sense of the data but i think it possible.
dave
Premium Member
not in ohio

2 recommendations

dave

Premium Member

Sorry, your reply was too-well encrypted for me to make any sense of it.

Really, I can't guess what point you're making.

ashrc4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
australia

ashrc4

Premium Member

The NSA have figured out shortcuts we can only imagine may exist.