spc
Search similar:

uniqs

funnyduck236
@telus.net

funnyduck236

Anon

[BC] guide, screen settings

My screen froze, so I needed to reset and I unplugged the the Optik box. When I plugged it back in, I reset the system and everything with the picture is messed up. The picture was weird and the guide was cut off on the sides. Everything seemed like it was zoomed in too much. I've played around with some of the settings and the guide fits and the picture isn't as zoomed but the quality isn't very good. The settings I have now are:

Telus aspect ratio and resolution: widescreen standard definition
Samsung tv screen size: 16:9

I know my tv is HD and should be able to be set at 1080i but when it's set on 1080 or even 720, it is zoomed in and the guide is cut off.

Anyways, hopefully this makes sense and someone can help. It's 2:30 am so I'm not entirely sure if I've explained this well but if you can, please help!

Thank you

AnonTechEDM
@telus.net

AnonTechEDM

Anon

said by Anon80:

My screen froze, so I needed to reset and I unplugged the the Optik box. When I plugged it back in, I reset the system and everything with the picture is messed up. The picture was weird and the guide was cut off on the sides. Everything seemed like it was zoomed in too much. I've played around with some of the settings and the guide fits and the picture isn't as zoomed but the quality isn't very good. The settings I have now are:

Telus aspect ratio and resolution: widescreen standard definition
Samsung tv screen size: 16:9

I know my tv is HD and should be able to be set at 1080i but when it's set on 1080 or even 720, it is zoomed in and the guide is cut off.

Anyways, hopefully this makes sense and someone can help. It's 2:30 am so I'm not entirely sure if I've explained this well but if you can, please help!

Thank you

First thing to check is the aspect ratio on the tv itself not the cable box. your tv remote (not the telus one) should have a picture mode or aspect button on it, alternately you can go into the menu and make sure it is set either for full or set by device. second thing is to check how the box is cnnected to the tv. component (red,blue,green video cables and red,white audio) or hdmi or otherwise.
AnonTechEDM

AnonTechEDM

Anon

oh and set the cable box back to either 720p or 1080i because now it is just outputting SD not HD.