signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

[Newsgroups] What services provide the best deal for block purch

I was unable to pay the monthly and wasn't using it enough, I had Astraweb. I don't download much anyways, but I need a block account or whatever it's called (where you buy a certain amount of download rather than a monthly fee). Who do you guys recommend. Mostly for books and software and forum discussion.
samphar
join:2012-02-15
Alpharetta, GA

samphar

Re: [Newsgroups] What services provide the best deal for block p

You can try Blocknews or one of the Highwinds Resellers like thecubenet.com or newsgroupdirect.com for good deals on block accounts.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
I have block accounts with Astraweb & newsgroupdirect. Both have worked out okay for me. AW seems to have stuff posted longer if a DMCA request hits. NGD does have periodic sales so you can get a block cheaper (Terabyte Tuesdays, etc.)

AW shows these blocks:

25 GB - $10
180 GB - $25
1000 GB - $50

NGD has sales such as : It’s the same great deal that you’re accustomed to, 1 TB of the best usenet available for just $38 (the regular price is $100). You can sign up for email notice of their specials. Their regular prices are somewhat higher but the sales make it competitive.

Like I said, both have worked fine for me.
ophelus
join:2004-01-11
Kansas City, MO

ophelus to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
Yah, I got my block from NewsGroupDirect/highwinds for $40.. I believe when they sell you a 1 Tb it's actually 1.1 Tb 100 Gb free bonus or something
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94

Re: [Newsgroups] What services provide the best deal for block purch

NewsGroupDirect definately.

NewsgroupRev
Premium Member
join:2008-06-25

NewsgroupRev to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
Black Friday / Cyber Monday is just a few weeks away. You'll likely find some great block deals around that time as well.

- NGR
Newsgroup Reviews
jeffnyc
join:2004-06-09
Atlanta, GA

1 edit

jeffnyc to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94
Blocknews is also one.

TheCubeNet has good prices, offering 250gb for what the others offer 200gb for however there was an old thread about account issues

I am in the market but trying to hold out until BF

This is where you can sign up for NewsgroupDirect promos.

»www.newsgroupdirect.com/blog/
BCSteve
join:2013-03-25

BCSteve

I never thought of BF as something for services like this. Think there are also sales on pre-paid annuals, etc? I don't think block is right for me, but I'm always up for a deal

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22 to jeffnyc

to jeffnyc
said by jeffnyc:

Blocknews is also one.

TheCubeNet has good prices, offering 250gb for what the others offer 200gb for however there was an old thread about account issues

Not that old, only 9 days. Talks about being cancelled and no good reasons given.

»[Newsgroups] TheCubeNet review