Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AppleGuy
Premium
join:2013-09-08
Canada
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·voip.ms
reply to Trev

Re: [Home Phone] Home Phone ported without consent- need some he

I wonder if he sent you his latest Rogers Bill if you could somehow port that number over to your service. Would be interesting.

What a mess though.

As you said, someone probably hasn't had their line ported properly, and they are wondering why.

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6
said by AppleGuy:

I wonder if he sent you his latest Rogers Bill if you could somehow port that number over to your service. Would be interesting.

Potentially, but I would fully expect it to take some special TLC to make that happen, especially if the number was in fact ported to Bell yet isn't listed in their database (thus they would refuse the port request stating that it's not an active number).

I've seen a similar situation happen before when one of our customers (we managed the PBX, there was no VoIP involved) switched from one landline provider to another. A couple numbers didn't get ported and each company said they other had it. That was a fun two weeks of pain.
--
I represent AcroVoice, a full service Canadian VoIP Provider.
Buy your Obihai ATA shipped from within Canada.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to AppleGuy
said by AppleGuy:

What a mess though.

As you said, someone probably hasn't had their line ported properly, and they are wondering why.

Yes you can. Porting via major providers is an automated process. Porting a landline only requires the billing name and address of the account holder. Once you have that info you can port that number even if it was never authorized.