how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
kudos:1

Vmedia failed tech support. video codec have expired. no TV.

Pavel: Welcome to VMedia Support. How can we help you?
Kevin Broten: getting errors when launching vbox. the custom codec has expired. Failed to load custom codec.
Kevin Broten: video playback isn't loading and gives these errors.
Pavel: One min please I am inquiring
Pavel: The reason it gives you those errors is because video playback is not available as an option yet
Kevin Broten: ?
Pavel: it does not support video playback
video codec errors have stopped playback of the TV channels. And this is the response I get from tech support. also called telephone line but all the options dump you back into main menu. and then disconnects you.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Heh, thats kind of funny...

Playback of TV isn't an option?

Who the heck does support for this company?
--

BTC Kevin

Nepean, ON

lol ya

BTC Kevin

Nepean, ON
reply to BTC Kevin

and these box's have full h264 hardware decoding to that is how Tv video is streamed. using arm7 rev 4 with Mali-400 AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M SKT SH's custom h.264 hardware codec. Which obvious just expired on my vbox.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Maybe someone forgot to renew the license, or their credit card expired. LOLZ.
--

BTC Kevin

Nepean, ON

hahah

BTC Kevin

Nepean, ON

if more then just me, just had the video codecs expire. they are going to get a crap load of support calls.

BTC Kevin

Nepean, ON

maybe that is why they turned off the telephone :P

bayard0

join:2012-01-31
Woodbridge, ON
reply to BTC Kevin

haven't seen that error today on my vbox

GeorgeBurger

join:2011-12-30
kudos:2
reply to BTC Kevin

Hi Kevin. Awk-ward!

I can only assume he misunderstood and thought you meant PVR. I will look into it first thing in the morning and have someone get back to you.

BTC Kevin

Nepean, ON

Thank you, I'm home after 2pm-ish.

said by GeorgeBurger:

Awk-ward!

lol yup.

GeorgeBurger

join:2011-12-30
kudos:2

Hi Kevin

I know you know your way around hardware so you may have tried this, but your glitch is a rare one. This may require a reset to factory settings.

There is a reset button on the back. If you can, hold it down with a pencil tip or something, and while you are holding it down unplug power, plug it back in, then release the reset button. The VBox will boot into the recovery screen, use the remote to choose "wipe/factory" reset option. Wait for it to reset to factory settings. That should clear up the problem. If that doesn't work, please send a ticket or call tech support and we will provide further options. Keep me in the loop.

BTC Kevin

Nepean, ON

George did a manual reset from recover console. Video now plays again. Not sure why the codecs decided to miss behave.