Hey all,

I just posted a blog. Please have a look: »blogs.teksavvy.com/?p=2533
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

eldiablo
Premium
join:2013-06-14
canada
About time Marc. As a long time loyal customer, even for some us of who have been alongside TS, it's getting more difficult to justify in putting up with some of these inconveniences. I realize that CRTC would be our best way to resolve these issues but if TS has enough material to substantiate Rogers' malfeasance, I am all for the legal route. Thank you.

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
kudos:1
reply to TSI Marc
Excellent deal Marc! and good luck talking to CRTC.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
Thanks guys.

Waimea

join:2010-06-30
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I know this must be an uphill battle but you have a loyal customer base and we'll be with Teksavvy all the way.

I had stellar service since 2007, first on DSL and then on cable. It wasn't until this year that things started to get flaky. Through it all, your staff and yourself have been very professional and stoic in the face of a difficult situation.

Hopefully your vendor will sort its affairs soon and the CRTC/legal proceedings will help put the wholesale side of things on a stronger footing.

Good luck Marc!

BTC Kevin

join:2011-10-01
Nepean, ON
reply to TSI Marc

In the meantime we have a quick fix to get those customers most seriously affected back online. Courtesy of WIND Mobile and TekSavvy, we have a limited number of mobile hotspots and data sticks available for loan. Recipients will receive up to 1 month free of WIND"s unlimited mobile Internet plan* in their direct coverage area. There are some terms and conditions to this offer and TekSavvy reserves the right to determine if you qualify. If you are interested in receiving a temporary fix please email promotions@teksavvy.com with your name, address, telephone number and CID.

Great Deal for those in need. Good job Marc.

ukcanadian

join:2013-07-29
Brampton, ON
reply to TSI Marc
perfect offering for those affected, likewise good communication for those who have been constantly on the boards with negativity.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
Thanks for posting an explanation of what is being done. I'm not personally affected, but its great info for those who are.

Also great idea with the Wind temp solution... Funny thing is, it should be the VENDORS of the affected customers supplying these!
--

tekSavvyUser

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSI Marc
Thanks Marc!
Viva TekSavvy, Viva TPIA, viva Wind Mobile, VIVA fair and healthy competition (won't come easily, you have fight for it)! You can count on us if you need us.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Amazing Marc,

This is some of the leadership we're looking for. Hoping for clearer seas ahead and this formal CRTC process.

Soiduts

join:2002-04-02
Ontario
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·TekSavvy Cable
·Bell Sympatico
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Marc
Great solution to an unfortunate situation. I've been using Wind for over a year and have had good service with them in their direct coverage areas. Teksavvy and Wind should seriously come together to provide Canadian's with a good alternative to the incumbents.

javierg9

join:2011-09-21
Toronto, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Great write-up followed by an unheard-of move for a CEO to provide a temporary Internet solution to his valued customers (while the incumbents sit on their collective a$$es, dragging their feet while completing TSI's tech requests).

Incredible move Marc !

I wonder what new moves the folks on Jarvis & Bloor will be scheming on next...

youneedhelp

@bell.ca
a for effort i guess Marc,

who is tracking those data sticks, who is paying to ship them back, who is going to provide support for them etc. like i said A for trying to make things better. but seriously i think the time you spent talking to wind and working this out should have been spent with rogers.

i think you have just opened up a new can of worms, i suggested that all those new bodies were a month away from coming upto speed and i was not wrong they are getting close. but this data stick thing, sending it, tracking them, setting up logins for them, and then getting them sent back and all that tracking...

i think your taking a fork in the road that your going to regret

but what do i know. just deal with rogers and sort it out. you DO NOT have these issues with Bell. just sort it out with rogers, this data stick bandaide offering is a huge mistake in my opinion

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit
said by Anon80:

but what do i know. just deal with rogers and sort it out.

look another anonymous armchair quarterback. because the painfully obvious needs to be pointed out.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by 34764170:

said by Anon80:

but what do i know.

look another anonymous armchair quarterback.

It's an internet forum, what more can one expect lol

@Marc,

Despite the fact that in 2 week period I've gone out twice for a total of 3 days without service, I still highly admire all the work TekSavvy and all the other IISPs have done to try and bring more fair internet service to Canadians.

Hopefully all the hard work and sleepless nights CEOs like you and Start, Distributel, EBOX, etc put in will eventually pay off.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by TypeS:

It's an internet forum, what more can one expect lol

I don't expect much of anything better from most forums anymore.

cliffz0rz

join:2005-02-14
Nepean, ON
reply to TSI Marc
This is why I'm proud to be a Teksavvy customer. I've worked for both Rogers and Bell at various points in the past and I know what they're like to their customers. They could never match the level of awesome service TSI routinely provides. Let's hope the CRTC understands the gravity of this whole situation and fixes the problems. Keep up the great work!

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI Marc
Coming up with providing Wind portable hotspots is a creative and excellent idea while you try to figure out incumbent problems. This may be unprecedented when it comes to helping out troubled customers.

I've used my wind cell phone for the last couple of outages and it's not difficult to bridge a USB and Ethernet connection together in such a way that you can serve the entire home network. Things will be much slower but at least everyone in the house will be able to do basic web surfing. (To accomplish this highlight both the Ethernet and USB connections in the network adaptor settings and right click and choose bridge. Switch your computers connection into the router to where the modem usually plugs in. Note: the computer bridging the computer may not be able to access the rest of the network to access things like network drives).
Expand your moderator at work

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

2 edits
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Blog post - Doing what it takes...

From me to you Marc. Thumbs up!

Not sure how you struck a deal with Wind for this but THIS drives the issue home in my eyes and whatever happens via CRTC or incumbents, this very assistance from wind will demonstrate how serious the issue at hand is.

Kudos bud.

said by Anon80:

a for effort i guess Marc,

who is tracking those data sticks, who is paying to ship them back, who is going to provide support for them etc. like i said A for trying to make things better. but seriously i think the time you spent talking to wind and working this out should have been spent with rogers.

i think you have just opened up a new can of worms, i suggested that all those new bodies were a month away from coming upto speed and i was not wrong they are getting close. but this data stick thing, sending it, tracking them, setting up logins for them, and then getting them sent back and all that tracking...

i think your taking a fork in the road that your going to regret

but what do i know. just deal with rogers and sort it out. you DO NOT have these issues with Bell. just sort it out with rogers, this data stick bandaide offering is a huge mistake in my opinion

Did you even read the blog post? You do understand he's well versed in this wonderful thing called multi-tasking. Oh and guess what. He has legal counsel and CRTC aware of this issue. He IS dealing with it. Not sure if you think Marc can go out of his office, head to T.O and slap their hands to fix it? He has to do exactly the route he said in the blog post. C'mon man, read.

He didn't mention the details of the wind offer. So why are you knocking the idea without even the slightest clue? He comes up with a solution and he still gets knocked to the ground for it.

Brad had it right. Armchair quarterback right there.
Expand your moderator at work

Treegravy
Premium
join:2011-04-21
canada
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Blog post - Doing what it takes...

»www.funnyordie.com/lists/30868d6 ··· clapping

Couldn't decide. Good on you. Thumbs up, way up.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
said by Treegravy:

»www.funnyordie.com/lists/30868d6 ··· clapping

Couldn't decide. Good on you. Thumbs up, way up.

Ouch. That is a tough call. Hehe. Got it down to three.. Costanza (I miss that show!), Conan or Sheen. Crap. Maybe Carrey or Ledger too.

Seriously though. Thanks everybody. And thanks to WIND as well.. Hopefully things get sorted out soon.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc
Thanks for the update Marc. It's good to know what the status is now and where we are going.

I do like the imagery of TSI and Wind Mobile working together to offer a solution, albeit a temporary one, to customers who are affected.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to javierg9
said by javierg9:

Great write-up followed by an unheard-of move for a CEO to provide a temporary Internet solution to his valued customers (while the incumbents sit on their collective a$$es, dragging their feet while completing TSI's tech requests).

Actually not unheard of. TSI already did it once before I believe, also when Rogers had a massive DHCP screwup for TSI, with some users also being offline for close to a month...

They offered a free DSL solution until the situation resolved with no install costs.
--

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to TSI Marc

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
haha. nice.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Thanks for posting an explanation of what is being done. I'm not personally affected, but its great info for those who are.

Also great idea with the Wind temp solution... Funny thing is, it should be the VENDORS of the affected customers supplying these!

PFFT! Keep dreaming...
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

tekSavvyUser

@teksavvy.com
said by elwoodblues:

said by HiVolt:

PFFT! Keep dreaming...

I don't think HiVolt is dreaming, he maps the responsibility where it should be.