spc
uniqs
willzzz
join:2007-05-23
NY

willzzz to Jonathan2

to Jonathan2

Re: Verizon and AT&T

I need actual confirmation and am waiting on data from here or howardforums before I buy. VZW's actual agreement with the FCC for 700MHz LTE should keep it unlocked.

Never ever trust someone at a sales store because they are low on the latter and just want to sell products.

Remember the 5? Verizon actually confirmed the unlocking out of their corporate offices in New York.

I'm waiting on first hand data and confirmation.
Jonathan2
join:2011-12-21

Jonathan2

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any firsthand attempts at USA SIMs in VZW 5s/5c phones.

I ended up speaking with someone on the phone who seemed pretty high up at Apple, but even she had no definite answer. She only said that "as far as I know, nothing has changed."
Reassuring, right?

In any case, I was willing to just buy a 5s anyway and deal with the consequences later, but since there was no stock I will likely wait till the Oct. 5th weekend, when I'm home from school, to get one.

Carl
Premium Member
join:2004-07-21
Lafayette, LA

Carl

Premium Member

said by Jonathan2:

Just wondering if anyone has heard of any firsthand attempts at USA SIMs in VZW 5s/5c phones.

I ended up speaking with someone on the phone who seemed pretty high up at Apple, but even she had no definite answer. She only said that "as far as I know, nothing has changed."
Reassuring, right?

In any case, I was willing to just buy a 5s anyway and deal with the consequences later, but since there was no stock I will likely wait till the Oct. 5th weekend, when I'm home from school, to get one.

Using my AT&T SIM
in my Verizon 5C.

Working just fine on LTE!