uniqs

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

[MoP] Noodle Cart

Has anyone else done this quest line to the end yet?

Pretty basic.

1. Pick up the quest on the Timeless Isle at the destroyed noodle shop.
2. Talk to a ghost who tells you to go to the Temple of the Jade Serpent.
3. Run Jade Serpent, after last boss there is a "totem" on the left of the platform boss starts on. You read the totem, then use to summon the boss, you'll probably need help from the rest of the group to down boss
4. Turn in at Half Hill
5. Pick up sacks of grain from brewery, you catch them and take them to a cart. You only need to clear the roaming group and the one to the right of the door. I believe you can only hold five sacks at a time.
6. After you have your 20 sacks you make the basic noodle cart, which requires five of each of the basic (one ingredient required) Tiller food turn ins.
7. Turn in at Half Hill
8. Run Storm Stout Brewery, you'll have no issues getting the sloshes of beer, but they don't come until the end boss area.
9. make the deluxe cart, which requires five each of the advanced (two ingredients required) Till food turn ins.
10. Back to the Timeless Isle to get 50 fatty turtle steaks, elites drop 2 and the little ones have a chance to drop one.
11. Back to Half Hill
12. Run the noodle stand
13. Turn in at Half Hill and learn to make the treasure noodle cart, five each of the advanced cooking meals, basically the same turn in as the last cooking quest.

I used one of the carts and don't really get it. I did it in an instance, not in town. I didn't see if I got the money from the cart or not. It was interesting.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

I'm up to the Stormstout bit. Really don't see the point in it but I'm sure I will do it eventually.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Really after you get the "boss" in the Temple of the Jade Serpent the rest is easy. But like you, I don't really see the point it in. It might be useful for people who raid, but other than that I didn't see any really benefits to the "casual" player like me.

DownLow
Nope...I Got Nothing
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Long Island

DownLow to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I completed it and used one of the Deluxe carts (not the top one, the Treasure one). Kind of silly - the only perk here is you can do actions like emote to players to buy something and then dance.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to Kilroy

to Kilroy
I have completed the quest line. I also read a few forums talking about the math of if it is worth it. Each top cart build requires 5 of each top end food. Then each member of the raid/group can buy up to a stack of five. The food cost 3g each and provides a 300/450 (stam) buff.

For 10man groups its a stretch to see the benefit of the cart. In a 25 man group however it would be worth it.

No if the gold actually went to the player selling the food, it would be a different story entirely.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Feralmordius:

Now if the gold actually went to the player selling the food, it would be a different story entirely.

seriously... this would be awesome. What an awesome way to make gold. If the gold went to the player at all, it would probably bug out in LFR since they can't xfer gold cross realm.

Hungry
@ultzindustries.com

Hungry to Feralmordius

Anon

to Feralmordius
If you're running as a guild or with friends, the top food cart is an obvious and substantial savings even in a 10 man raid. To start with, if everyone were only allowed to buy 1, that would be 10 food at the cost of 6 + about 30 gold. On my server, 300 food goes for about 25 on the low end, 30 is typical. That means even if that was all you could do, the raid would be in the black (10 food v 7). However, everyone can take 6 every time the cart is put out - eat 1, plus a stack of 5 in the bank. That's 60 top food for the cost of about 12 without counting the time, cost and effort to get the mats for making top food. PLUS, the food does NOT disappear, as conjured food does. That means you can take the food and use it outside of the raid. Of course, in LFR or pugs, it's merely goodwill.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
said by Feralmordius:

I have completed the quest line. I also read a few forums talking about the math of if it is worth it. Each top cart build requires 5 of each top end food. Then each member of the raid/group can buy up to a stack of five. The food cost 3g each and provides a 300/450 (stam) buff.

For 10man groups its a stretch to see the benefit of the cart. In a 25 man group however it would be worth it.

No if the gold actually went to the player selling the food, it would be a different story entirely.

But using 5 of each top foods yields 5 carts
so the input is 5x top foods
the output is 6x 10 top foods, (IE each raider in the 10 man grabs 5, eats one and then grabs another)

and you get 5 carts so that's up to 300 top foods for 10man

I'd say its worth it.

Feralmordius

Feralmordius to Hungry

to Hungry
Do the high end foods create a stack of 5 or just one for each token?

Also it really requires everyone to participate to work out. If only a few people buy from the cart or if nobody helps stock high end foods it does not work out for the noodle cart maker. The mechanic of how the noodle cart works just requires a little more cooperation. How many times in a raid someone is tabbed out or not paying attention then asks for more food?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

High end foods make 5 per cooking
plus nomi gives me some free.

if everyone would get a Nomi then put the top foods in the GB then cart owners could make use of that to make the carts

though as both me and you have carts lets be sure not to both pop them at the same time

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

If everyone would get a Nomi... why would we need a food cart?

Feralmordius

Feralmordius to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
The high end food creating a stack of 5 was a big piece of the puzzle I forgot about when thinking about the carts. I looked at the mats for each top end food and thought multiplied it by 5. Attention to detail.

The cart does allow for multiplication of foods pretty much. If each person brought 2 or 3 300 food we could make a stack of 5 noodle carts, which then would allow each person to buy 5-6 300 food, five separate times. The part that still bugs me is having to buy back the food. What is the point of that?

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I completed it over the weekend. During the event, just use food #3 and don't let anyone get up and run away from the tables.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
said by Feralmordius:

The high end food creating a stack of 5 was a big piece of the puzzle I forgot about when thinking about the carts. I looked at the mats for each top end food and thought multiplied it by 5. Attention to detail.

The cart does allow for multiplication of foods pretty much. If each person brought 2 or 3 300 food we could make a stack of 5 noodle carts, which then would allow each person to buy 5-6 300 food, five separate times. The part that still bugs me is having to buy back the food. What is the point of that?

Seem the buying part is gone
someone poped one in lfr and there was no price listed anymore

Cat5

Cat5 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

What she gives you is random. So you may fall prey to some bad RNG.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

Similar to some bad beef & broccoli?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

said by Immer:

What she gives you is random. So you may fall prey to some bad RNG.

Ya, thoguh if we had 10 nomi's putting top foods in the GB each day it might help beat the rng

Cat5

Cat5 to Kilroy

to Kilroy
Also don't do what I did and make the noodle cart in a raid group. It doesn't count and Blizz make you do it all over again.