spc
uniqs
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to TurboDan

to TurboDan

Re: Question on Picking Up Equipment

Your relative in Florida should close the CV account entirely in the rental property. The tenant should be the one to be calling CV for the installation and the account should be in the tenant's name.

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

said by rick0204:

Your relative in Florida should close the CV account entirely in the rental property. The tenant should be the one to be calling CV for the installation and the account should be in the tenant's name.

THIS. No reason the landlord should have a CV account.. Your relative is open to liability as far as unpaid bills, PPVs, etc. She should have the tenant open a CV account in their own name if she has no intention of living there. If she wants to include the price of cable as part of the rent, I suggest deducting the amount of Family Cable plus one box from their rent bill -- and let the tenant worry about providing their own service for cable.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22

said by RickNY See Profile
THIS. No reason the landlord should have a CV account.. Your relative is open to liability as far as unpaid bills, PPVs, etc. She should have the tenant open a CV account in their own name if she has no intention of living there. If she wants to include the price of cable as part of the rent, I suggest deducting the amount of Family Cable plus one box from their rent bill -- and let the tenant worry about providing their own service for cable.

:

Because there is no relative in Florida.

........And because there is no Singer Sewing Centre across from the cineplex, because there is no cineplex, and there is no Singer Sewing Centre.

Booost
@optonline.net

Booost to RickNY

Anon

to RickNY
I brought this up 2 days ago:
said by Booost :

Why isn't the cable TV in the tenant's name?