spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fred999
join:2012-02-09
Scarborough, ON

fred999

[DSL] questioning accuracy of DSL peak vs non-peak usage

I'm wondering about the 2am-8am non-peak usage time. Is that local Toronto time?

I often download between 6am and 8am, and I've noticed the 3 or 4 gigs I downloaded doesn't make it into the non-peak time. My non-peak gets incremented by maybe 1 gig, and the other 2 or 3 gigs goes into peak time.

This has happened more than once, so I'm wondering what's going on. Is there a problem with the precision of measuring time of day? Maybe Toronto is one hour off? Maybe my account is an hour off?

Anyone have any ideas about how that is supposed to work?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

Last I checked, Scarborough was in the same time zone as Toronto...

Robleh
join:2009-07-14
canada

Robleh

LOL!

Nameless
@teksavvy.com

Nameless

Anon

Recently they moved a small section of Scarborough to different time zone - just about an hour difference!
fred999
join:2012-02-09
Scarborough, ON

fred999

Ok, so I take it no one experienced this besides me? Odd. Makes me doubt myself, but I know what files I downloaded, and I know when I did it, but it's not reflected in the peak/non-peak totals.

Guess I need to open a ticket.
jnew
join:2011-04-03

jnew to fred999

to fred999
Could it be a problem with Daylight Savings Time?

2am - 8am EDT is 1am - 7am EST, which might explain why the last hour's worth of your download is counted towards peak usage.

Just a thought.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to fred999

Premium Member

to fred999
It's really getting nickel-and-dimey around here with the kilobits isn't it.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by rodjames:

It's really getting nickel-and-dimey around here with the kilobits isn't it.

If it were Bell we were speaking about here, you would see a train of people demanding that Weighs and Measure go through TSI to certify the equipment used to determine when unlimited hours begin and end along with the way bytes are counted for each bucket.

AOD
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
M9B

AOD to jnew

Premium Member

to jnew
said by jnew:

Could it be a problem with Daylight Savings Time?

2am - 8am EDT is 1am - 7am EST, which might explain why the last hour's worth of your download is counted towards peak usage.

Just a thought.

try doing it from 1-am to 7 am one night to see if it shows up. if it doesn't, you have your answer.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

i'm sure others would have complained by now but I suppose it could be the timezone/time on TSI server doing the data collection and cap calculation for the free window.