spc
uniqs

KamWest3
join:2013-03-26
Canada

KamWest3

Re: Extreme Plus is a Joke!!

Done all that already, tech suggested I upgrade

Funny thing is the upload went to 4 MBPS right away but the download just sucks.
I swear I'm being throttled because I cancelled my TV cable.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Could be anything. Rogers has been playing with the network for the past 6 weeks or so. Could be a bad splitter. Maybe the squirrels have been busy (seriously). Have you changed anything eg: cables etc lately?

This Broadband internet gets to be more of a pain everyday...............Good Luck

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

Maybe so but seeing the exact numbers 18 and 28 points almost definitively to mismatched speed profiles.

MJB33
join:2012-01-29

MJB33

cancel rogers go to tpia... help crush this evil empire... funds is the key... anyway rogers get money from cbb ... but it takes customers away from rogers.... i'll suggest backing up your email with a csv file

KamWest3
join:2013-03-26
Canada

KamWest3

Max I can get from Tekksavy is 28MBPS and I'm looking for a bit higher. My kids watch Woody Woodpecker on the ipad, my wife watches educational on youtube and I'm crawling. 28 just does not cut it anymore... mind you when I was subscribing to 28 the most I usually got was 18.

I did all the tech stuff but honestly I think I got a clueless tech. Years ago Rogers sent someone to my old house and that guy was super. He knew his stuff and he identified the issue. The tech I got last time had to use my laptop because he could not figure out how to logon on his. He looked like he was ready for retirement.

MJB33

MJB33

get dsl+(dryloop dsl - backup) + cable for internet
i would dual wan the two dsl lines then another dual wan for cable
so

dsl ---
dsl --- dual wan ----- dual wan - router wireless
cable ----------------

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to KamWest3

to KamWest3
TekSavvy now offers 25/35/45/150, as do Start and EBOX as well.

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict to MJB33

to MJB33
you think the average person will want or know how to pay for that confusing mess?

MJB33

MJB33

That is just combining lines with dual wan routers.

That way if one line fails the internet still works.

I had bell fail once and the third party line was still working (acn -dryloop connection).

Basically the bell and acn lines are fed into the first dual wan router with failover enabled on the interfaces. Next then the connection from the lan port on the first dual wan router is fed into the second dual wan router through the wan port with failover enabled on the interfaces. The second wan connection would be the cable isp. Then the wireless network would be connected to the second dual wan router lan port and people would be able to use wireless..

Businesses use redundancy.

It's good to keep people online and the connection working.
MJB33

MJB33

A dual wan router costs about 500 dollars at tigerdirect ain't rock science...

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

$500? Really? Try under $300.

»www.newegg.ca/Product/Pr ··· 33181137