spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

USM_Miller

join:2013-09-18

Looking for operators in Utah

My name is Lieutenant Elizabeth Miller and I’m here representing the Utah State Militia. We are in need of experienced Ham Radio operators to either join the Utah State Militia or individuals that would be willing to teach some of the militia members how to successfully use Ham Radios. Please visit our website at www.utahstatemilitia.com to read our mission statement and see what we are about. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you, we are always looking for like-minded Patriots to join us.

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
You probably won't get many responses (or any, for that matter) to your request.

While I appreciate your need for radio communications, Amateur Radio is not allowed to be used for "tactical" purposes like you have in mind.

Now if TSHTF, all bets are off, but you might be better off looking in to MURS, or GMRS radios.
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

USM_Miller

join:2013-09-18
Thank you for the response! I will have them look into the other types of radios, I wasn't aware of those.

As far as wanting Ham Radio operators, we wanted them for community service projects and Search & Rescue. Would we be ok using it for that? Maybe I would be better off re-wording my original post.

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
Hams could train you in the proper use of the radios, communications protocol, and some basics like how to get the best range out of your radios, simple fixed-position antennas, and things like that.

The problem for using Amateur Radio for your (I'm assuming) tactical training exercises, and field use, is that "tactical" callsigns (i.e "Red 2") are not allowed, obscuring the meaning of your message is not allowed, and the use of encryption is not allowed.

All these things would make Amateur Radio impractical for what I perceive to be your intended use.

Jim III-2-III
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
reply to USM_Miller
I have sent you am IM.