Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SanAntonioTx
Premium
join:2008-07-18
Venice, CA

why is timewarnercable so horrible

Comcast is now delivering 500mbps down and Verizon 500mbps down.....and timewarnercable in most areas only 50mbps!!!!?? how is that even possible!!! ts because Why does Timewarnercable NOT CARE?

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..

said by SanAntonioTx:

Comcast is now delivering 500mbps down and Verizon 500mbps down.....and timewarnercable in most areas only 50mbps!!!!?? how is that even possible!!! ts because Why does Timewarnercable NOT CARE?

Time Warner will sell you 500 mb down ... It's called Metro-E .. The same thing Comcast is selling (It comes at a cost way more than most people want to pay as it's not your typical cable modem setup as it uses Fiber from the node to service location).

** now TWC's costs may not be exactly the same as Comcast but TWC does offer the same product (Metro-E).
Expand your moderator at work

SanAntonioTx
Premium
Venice, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Matt7

Re: why is timewarnercable so horrible

what im saying is At affordable prices its so sad to see people downloading at over 50Megabytes a second on some files and im stuck with 2 bonded TWC modems hitting 100mbps its not fair that TWC doesn't seem to care about their customers and is one of the slowest major Cable providers in the United States

SanAntonioTx
Premium
Venice, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Matt7

This is what i have done to curve my Delemia of not having atleast 100mbps i bonded 2 cable modems

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3poxgBXsDY
its not fair to other customers and why only kansas city missour gets 100mbps down and we don't.....just because google fiber is there WHO WANTS THAT when you can get 1g/g for 70 dollars....TWC is ripping all of us off its not fair......

jpatton1979

join:2011-08-10
Lexington, KY
reply to SanAntonioTx

I guess you're REALLY regretting moving, you know, after you paid TWC all that money to install a symmetrical 100Mbps fiber connection back in Texas?

Oh wait. Why don't you just pay TWC to install it where you live now? :rolleyes:

whiteyonenh

join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

3 recommendations

reply to SanAntonioTx

said by SanAntonioTx:

Truth is... Time Warner doesn't have to "Care", nor do they HAVE to provide you with the same opportunities or pricing elsewhere. Don't like it, move to where there are such services, or you know, be willing to pay the cost for Metro-E.

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
reply to SanAntonioTx

They'll care once they see subscription numbers dwindle.

shpatb

join:2013-07-16

Why would it dwindle if you can't get anything else? What are you going to do, get satellite internet? In Milwaukee it's either 18-24 mb with ATT or 50 with TWC. justsayin'.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to SanAntonioTx

I'm just glad to have the option of 50mb if I want it.

My cousin live a few miles out of town and is having to rely on a freedomspot 3g mifi device as her main source of internet. AT&T only offers dial-up and TWC isn't even close to her place yet. Also, satellite is way to expensive.
--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to SanAntonioTx

Can't you get Fios in Venice? I know it's available in Mar Vista.

Expand your moderator at work

mind21_98

join:2006-05-13
San Diego, CA
reply to SanAntonioTx

Re: why is timewarnercable so horrible

Because the only other option in most of TWC's service area is AT&T, and they've only started matching TWC's speeds. Why spend money upgrading the network when you have a near guaranteed customer pool anyway?

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
reply to shpatb

said by shpatb:

Why would it dwindle if you can't get anything else? What are you going to do, get satellite internet? In Milwaukee it's either 18-24 mb with ATT or 50 with TWC. justsayin'.

Many reasons.

1. Price/speed ratio.
2. Faster speeds on the other side of the fence... granted at&t is a joke.
3. Home income priorities.

It's no secret that TWC's TV subscribers number is down across the board. If at&t's new speed 45/6 tier have an impact which I doubt TWC's internet subscriber numbers will drop too.

I suspect TWC is paying very close attention to a&t's new 45/6 tier but if at&t manages to increase their speeds to 75Mbps then this will become a game changer.

TWC is definitely ready for +100Mbps, just look at Kansas but my guess is that they are monitoring the market and waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable
reply to shpatb

The At&t 18-24 Meg varies significantly.. at my house I could only get up to 6 Meg, while my neighbor across the street could get 24 Meg due to how the wiring is routed in this neighborhood.

I have 15 Meg cable internet from TWC.. From what I heard when I called to sign up, they should be dropping the 100 Meg in sometime next year.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to SanAntonioTx

Other than bragging rights what exactly are you going to do with 500Mb that you can't do with 50Mb today?

I've got a Gig (which really turns out to be a half a gig) and I can find almost nothing on line that make any real use of 100Mb let alone anything faster.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to SanAntonioTx

Boo Hoo. Life isn't fair. No one around here is going to feel sorry for you if you can get 50Mb but not 500Mb.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

Xioden
Premium
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY
reply to SanAntonioTx

Look on the bright side, at least yours is working. I've had it confirmed they're having a wide-area issue that is on their end. 100% packet loss for ~5 seconds every 5-10 minutes. This started back in June.

On the bright side they gave me a free pay-per-view movie rental as compensation! Works real well with that TV service I don't have.

anonome

@verizon.net
reply to SanAntonioTx

Nope, it's just not fair that TWC doesn't seem to care about the less than 1% of its customers that have any interest at all in going faster than 50mbps... not fair at all.

monchis
Premium
join:2002-12-09
Los Angeles, CA
reply to whiteyonenh

Dude, that pic... I can't. I really LOL
--
dslreports.com