spc
uniqs
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to delusion ftl

to delusion ftl

Re: Article failed to clarify

Part of the 700Mhz was to provide open access, so you could easily put an activated LTE SIM in an unlocked device, but if you go into Verizon w/ the device they won't give you a new SIM (or more correctly UICC).

Verizon doesn't do BYOP, even on 3rd party (PPC) they don't allow UICC on any MVNO.

I went into Verizon to buy an ipad, and they wouldn't just let me buy the ipad (I was going to move the UICC from my Jetpack to ipad), they wanted me to activate the ipad on a plan. Well f**k you. I had to go to the Apple store, buy the ipad, and put the UICC in.

One interesting thing is once I put the UICC in the ipad, it showed up on my account as an ipad, and if I put the UICC back in the Jetpack they disable it.

So long story short, Verizon is a bunch of commies and does what they want.

As to Nexus 5, go to MVNO and pay half the amount. Verizon can screw.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5

Premium Member

said by elefante72:

Part of the 700Mhz was to provide open access, so you could easily put an activated LTE SIM in an unlocked device, but if you go into Verizon w/ the device they won't give you a new SIM (or more correctly UICC).

Verizon doesn't do BYOP, even on 3rd party (PPC) they don't allow UICC on any MVNO.

I went into Verizon to buy an ipad, and they wouldn't just let me buy the ipad (I was going to move the UICC from my Jetpack to ipad), they wanted me to activate the ipad on a plan. Well f**k you. I had to go to the Apple store, buy the ipad, and put the UICC in.

One interesting thing is once I put the UICC in the ipad, it showed up on my account as an ipad, and if I put the UICC back in the Jetpack they disable it.

As to Nexus 5, go to MVNO and pay half the amount. Verizon can screw.

When I dumped Sprint, I had a choice of AT&T and Verizon. It is stories like this that helped me choose AT&T.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

You are a bit delusional if you think that att is any better than vz.
granted situation was tolerable on 2g/3g gsm. with LTE it is a free-for-all, screw whoever you can screw over.
MxxCon

MxxCon to elefante72

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

Actually under communism Gov't would bitchslap VZ for abusing the working class.

What you are reaping here is the product of a capitalistic society where biz puts $ in front of absolutely everything else.
If VZ could make money from murdering and raping people, they would do that.

TheHelpful1
Premium Member
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD

TheHelpful1

Premium Member

One could argue they do make money from murdering and raping people when inmates uses cell phones because phone companies lobbied against Prisons being able to block cell traffic inside their walls.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Those $10 burners are really bringing in the big bucks.